MotoGP » Official: MotoGP to BT Sport in new UK TV deal

BT Sport to take over live MotoGP TV coverage in the UK from 2014 - new channels available FREE to BT Broadband customers.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

bri t

May 10, 2013 1:28 AM

Talk about spin!

"UK Sports fans have had a rough deal for too long," said BT chief executive Ian Livingston. "Many have been priced out of the market"

So they do exactly that because non-BT Broadband customers will need to pay £15 a month for the BT Sport channels.

Matturne - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 2:02 AM

Whilst I used to love Eurosports showing of MotoGP, ever since the live races were scrapped I couldn't wait to watch it so resorted to watching on the BBC despite the absolutely diabolical commentary of those pillocks Charlie Cox and Steve Parish. I think only time will tell as to what this coverage may be like and think if they get Toby Moody, Julian Ryder with Matt Roberts on the ground then that will be a great team and well worth switching my internet service providings! Untill they release the lineup though, I think the only good thing to come out of this is them muppets Parish and Cox are hopefully out of jobs!

killahrat - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 5:28 AM

Well thanks a lot, I guess I won't be watching MotoGp any more. I live in Hull so I can't get BT Broadband and if it is available elsewhere it will cost. I already pay £60 a month for Sky at can't justify further outlay to watch a few races over the year.

MotoGp R.I.P.

Darren K - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 6:06 AM

I think is despicable that pay channels have exclusive rights to a historic sport steeped in history like Moto GP. They will get less fans, only middle and upper socio-economic group will be able to watch it really is disgraceful. Dorna in my opinion have already damaged the prestige of the GP my having CRT, its rediculous having a rider have an engine so slow that there is NO CHANCE of them ever winning against a top factory bike, ask what Casey Stoner really feels about it.

I expect Fox will be next to do this in Australia, The first thing Laughlin Murdoch did when he bought is way onto the channel 10 board (free to air) was to take then NBA (best basketball in the world and put it exclusive to Foxtel. It just matter of time in my opinion that this happens with the bikes.

When world superbikes went to FOX exclusive, even though i'm a bike not have not watched it since, and no longer know or follow the series. Its just disgusting for UK audiances which such a rich tradition. I ass

Kate - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 6:42 AM

Bikenutter the extra cash might just push some people over - money's just too tight for many.

I was in Spain for the race last weekend and I object to going from spending nothing to watch on my large hd tv to spending cash to watch on my laptop. Do you get commentary with the motogp.com package?

Will just have to enjoy Silverstone as I can't see me bothering with races next year. Will be interesting to see the impact on their gate receipts next yeat...

JACKBEE

May 10, 2013 7:47 AM

Gilles....I started off being really annoyed by this, and I still think BBC did a good job, but now I am starting to think this isn't so bad.

I have to have broadband anyway, I'm with TalkTalk (voted last 7 quarters the worst bband supplier in Europe) So I am going to go to BT Infinity then I get FREE MotoGP FREE Premier League football!! FREE German Bundes league!! FREE world football!!

I have to pay line rental anyway, and the bband package is costing less than TalkTalk. Sounds like a deal to me. But I will miss the Beeb

Tinlid - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 9:09 AM

It makes me laugh, people here have spent years complaining that it's on the bbc to want it on pay-tv-channel Eurosport. And now someone takes it off them to offer a coverage that is supposed to be better, and can still be free and people go mad!!! (I don't think you need BT vision, it's 2 new channels available everywhere 445 on sky.) I actually like the bbc coverage (minus cox) as they get interviews and so on, but maybe all that complaining and wingeing about the coverage all the time has given people what they deserve???

i like green - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 9:16 AM

Earlier, Bikenutter made a point that the BT channel will cost the same as a pint of beer a week, true but its still £15 a month over what you pay now unless you have BT broadband. Let me give you another perspective. An hour up the road from me is East Fortune race circuit where, in the summer months at least once a month you can watch full grids of motorcycles race from 9am till 6pm, with very little delay between races, walk round the paddock, chat to racers, and the cost? £10 for the day, so for me at least, Motogp has become even less appealing.

« 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22  »