MotoGP » Official: MotoGP to BT Sport in new UK TV deal

BT Sport to take over live MotoGP TV coverage in the UK from 2014 - new channels available FREE to BT Broadband customers.

Theron - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 12:23 PM

Sorry news,BT products and customer services are very poor,I have been a relative newcomer to motogp and anjoyed E urosport and bbc, prefer eurosport ! Now it is all gone, will not watch on a computer nor pay for addtional Sky .i do not even know asingle person who uses BT for television ,sure there must be someone out there ?

Steve - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 12:23 PM

A good business deal for BT & Dorna im sure, but bad news for the majority of UK viewers. No motogp for me then!

At least I still have world superbikes on Eurosport :)

Ian - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 12:26 PM

BT are without doubt the worst broadband provider in my area. 8MBS if you are lucky. Virgin can provide up to 120MBS. So naturally almost everyone in my area is on Virgin. There is no way I will pay more to watch MotoGP on BTsport. I have already stopped watching and attending F1races since it went PPV. I shall divert my passion to BSB because its only a matter of time before Dorna **** up WSBK too.

Andrea - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 12:28 PM

I currently pay the TV license to see half of the F1 races live (since BBC lost most of them to SKY) and MotoGP. Now also MotoGP will be gone...unbelievable. I guess I can always go back to watch Attenborough's documentaries...

AUS - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 12:30 PM

Hey Guys all you Brits are really fired up this BT must be pretty bad, "billy bob" is right they took it of foxtel here in Aus and CH10 got it and the coverage is crap so I bought a MotoGP pass for the year cost 98 euros and for that you get all free practise all Qual all warm up and the races all live its brilliant,Just a question do you Brits have to pay for a TV licence? I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and he said you do,how much do you pay? we dont have to pay for one here in Aus. the only thing we pay for is Foxtel or Optus I dont blame you guys for getting fired up.

guy hancock - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 12:31 PM

When F1 went to all Sky and part BBC I thought I'd not be able to watch it any more (I don't have Sky and can't afford what would be £50 per MONTH just so I can get F1 races).
With MotoGP offering pay to view on their website I figured they wouldn't be silly enough to remove the free to view option. I won't get BT broadband for this as I'm not prepared to pay for a 'phone line I don't need just to get internet access.
I guess I'll either just have to stop watching or do what I've done for Sky F1 .... find some lovely feed on the internet.
This sounds like a short-term move that is going to harm the sport and the fans. I can't see this paying off for BT and then they'll drop it. Maybe, in a couple of years, someone like the BBC will be able to pick up MotoGP and F1 for a reasonable price when these pay to view trails all fail.

Calvin _

May 09, 2013 12:32 PM

Sorry guys, but when MotoGP went to Sport TV here in Portugal, I hoped that it would return to Eurosport. No such luck and I now have to put up with uninspired commentary and talking over riders. Ah, also had to pay extra for it.

Dave - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 12:33 PM

Motogp is an entertainment business but with a lot of other businesses they get destroyed when they start to be run by accountants rather than those with a passion for the business. Only an accountant would think that the best way to grow an entertainment business is to restrict the number of viewers looking at sponsors logos - crazy!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »