MotoGP » BBC made 'competitive bid' to try and keep MotoGP

"We are very proud of our MotoGP coverage and submitted a competitive bid to retain the broadcasting rights"

Phil - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 11:26 PM

Careful what you wish for springs to mind!! BBC does not give MotoGP the love it deserves, but do we really need to be paying for another subscription!!
What a way to kill MotoGP in the UK..........that well known sports channel......... BT Sports!!

Racefan - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 12:29 AM

I'd like to thank bbc for their coverage of motogp. I know it certainly could have been better but if it wasn't for them I would never have become a fan in the first place. I very much doubt they will be getting many new viewers on BT.

bri t

May 10, 2013 1:48 AM

Ah well ITV4 on freeview show BSB highlights. Looks like that is where I will be for my biking fun.

More widely, although reasons for a home broadband connection exist, for me personally, reasons to downscale it are growing. I am not alone feeling this way. And what effect will this have on the economy in general as people find their buying habits curtailed?

i like green - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 8:38 AM

Its all out there folks, i watched Oulton BSB and Jerez Motogp on a free streaming site recently, and with an HDMI cable hooked up to my telly. Not as sharp picture wise but good enough for me to cancel Sky, which i only had for eurosport. I have also seen movie sites with all the latest films, so you only really need to pay for broadband.

Smudger - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 10:04 AM

When F1 moved to Sky last year I bought a satellite dish and watched it for free on Sky weekends on German TV. I am a Virgin customer and to get the Sky F1 channel you need to add SkySports package at £25 per month. No news on Virgin and BT Sports and I hope to use the dish now for MotoGP as well, if its still shown in Europe for free in 2014.

PatrickD

May 10, 2013 1:11 PM

I hardly think the sponsors of racing will notice this. We normally have to look up what product they are selling or already know that it's not a product available in the uk.
I'm going to reserve judgement until I see how bt deliver this. But to reiterate, motorcycle racing is a minority sport that needs the different classes available from one provider/subscription. People have shown that they will pay for Eurosport, but 2 subscriptions is unacceptable. Lets be honest, if there's one class of racing that people won't pay for, it's the MotoGP. Hopefully we get a British Moto2 champion this year, which could be the best hope BT have of getting alot of folk here on board for 2014.

chris lake - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 4:44 PM

another sell off of the crown jwels by the bbc,its cheaper to put 3 gas hobs in a studio and get 2 old farts to commentate, i didnt mean cox and stavros,world rally went off terrestial tv mind and the promoters got it back on cos nobody was able to view it,who wants to watch sport on t,internet,i want to watch it on a tv in front of me and not have to pay subscriptions

« 1 2 3 4  »