MotoGP » Eurosport 'disappointed' by Dorna's change of strategy

"British Eurosport is disappointed that MotoGP series rights holder Dorna has decided to change its strategy"

batfastad - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 3:25 PM

Gutted. I've been watching MotoGP with Toby & Jules since the late 90s. This is a sad day.

Not bothered about the BBC losing it as I never really watched it on the Beeb.

What's most annoying is that I know BT will get bored in a few years and decide to drop the whole thing and move on to something else.

They're trying to compete with Sky on content and they've got no chance. It's OnDigital all over again.

Free for BT Broadband customers? So it should be, in fact you'd have to pay me money to use BT Broadband.

MotoGP.com pass is far more expensive than a Eurosport Player subscription so it looks like dodgy streaming sites for me then!

tomcol - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 3:45 PM

Seriously, spell it properly - Get a life. My spelling is perfectly ok. My typing less so. Besides which, you are missing the point. The issue is BT taking over MotoGP, not my spelling.

AK - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 4:18 PM

A few uears ago the Viasat package took over MotoGP from Canal Digita ( Eurosport ) here in Denmark. They promised "the most extensive coverage ever". The Eurosport coverage was really good.

The first season was close to ok. They had one commentator who knew what a motorcycle was.

Then it all went down hill. They sometimes sent it in the middle of the night or Monday when people were at work. Shortly before i gave up and took the package on Motogp.com, the races even got replaced by golf and snooker. Qualifications were skipped, podiums not shown, no interviews and 40% of the time was poluted with commercials.

Dorna gets too greedy selling rights to networks only thinking about advertising money. As mentioned above they really don´t give a rats ass about the fans.

kiwirider7654 - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 4:34 PM

Having seen Dorna and Sky tv fail to reach an agreement to show motogp over here in NZ this year, this news does not surprise me. I have had to trawl the net to find and download the races. This is sad. Motogp is the pinnacle of bike racing and should be shown to as many people as possible, not just those who subscribe to the owner of the rights. I remember as a child watching the Sheene/Roberts duels, then the Shwantz/Rainey battles. It led me into a life of riding and following this great sport. I pity the many who will not have access to this championship. Dorna you suck.

Gilles

May 09, 2013 4:43 PM

Eurosports coverage is good but have to say I will be glad I won't have to listen to the self congratulatory ramblings of Ryder and Moody. In Texas Moody kept on going on about Pedrosa's inability to ride on circuits with less grip, yet in Jerez, where the track surface was slippery, who wins the race? Pedrosa!! The worst thing about it is that judging by the comments here, some people actually believe what he says. Unbelievable!!!

Paul - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 5:26 PM

I will miss Ryder and Moody who unlike the bbc deserved to have the coverage for motogp and were able to give more interesting info than the guys on the bbc who could have sometimes just been more informative if they had read mcn that day. Bad decision by dorna.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »