MotoGP » Eurosport 'disappointed' by Dorna's change of strategy

"British Eurosport is disappointed that MotoGP series rights holder Dorna has decided to change its strategy"

Denis McClean - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 1:12 PM

Yet again Dorna has put a limited amount of viewers in front of the vast audience it currently enjoys with Eurosport.
This is retrograde step in expanding the popularity of the sport.
The more viewers a sport has the better it can attract sponsors.
RIP Moto GP.

ted hill - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 2:35 PM

shafted again by Dorna can't the idiots see when they have superb coverage of their sports we will all miss you guys lets get together and let them know what we think,I for one won't be watching this coverage by bt.

Theresa Marsden - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 8:22 PM

I am so dissapointed by Dorna's decision yet again live sport is available only to the privileged who can afford high monthly charges.
I am a follower of all forms of motorsport and pay more than I can really afford, as a pensioner, to subscribe to British Eurosport as it provides the best coverage of moto GP, WSB and BSB. The GP comentary is far more entertaining and knowlegable than the BBC, Julian and Toby not to mention Spalders are far and away the best. lets hope Dorna have a change of heart, cos no way will I be watching BT sport.

andy - Unregistered

May 11, 2013 9:39 AM

Yes the bald midget and his cronys have now killed MotoGP in the UK.
I have BT Broadband at work (not by choice) and it is abysmal. Regular breakdowns and as has been stated already, the customer service is hopeless and has cost us a small fortune in downtime trying to sort out issues.
I am a life long bike racing fan and I work in the industry. But I will not subscribe.
I usually follow WSBK anyway as the racing is much better.
I will stick with Eurosport and watch what ever they can show.
It is such a shame that money always seems to ruin sport. But hopefully if the BT coverage is unpopular and shrinks the audience, the money men will have to switch back to a TV station we want to watch. They might not care about the fans, But without us there is no sport.

IanM - Unregistered

May 11, 2013 7:13 PM

All the great motorsport I have watched over the last decade has been from Eurosport, Dakar-LeMans-Bikes etc that no one was showing on mainstream TV. Motorsport owes Eurosport a favour , let alone its viewers. And the recent addition of fortnighthly Speedway Grand Prix only adds weight to this, without TV coverge in todays world a sport is dead. So what do the MotoGP factories think about their sport being denied to a whole truckload of people?? I don't understand Dorna and never will, Thank you Eurosport for all that you have shown and will continue to show

Andy - Unregistered

May 11, 2013 9:55 PM

Here we go again Carmelo the clown chasing the money not thinking about the negative impact it will have on viewing public at circuits by it not being free to air viewing,
He oversaw the alleged safety measure move to 800cc so how is it now safe to be back to 1000cc bikes I guess only he knows and the teams who have had to pour millions extra into developing different size engines during the last seven years.
Clearly he is not fit to be in charge of a TV remote let alone the TV rights package for the premier motorcycle class , god help WSB as Carmelo certainly wont,

chris hallows - Unregistered

May 11, 2013 11:05 PM

Bad news again. Dorna doesnt care about the fans just the money. Eurosport has the best coverage by far,Toby Moody & Julian Ryder and the rest of the team I will miss you. And I will miss watching Moto Gp, I cant afford to pay out more money having just renewed my contract with Sky.

joew - Unregistered

May 12, 2013 12:20 AM

When will Dorna hit Bankrupt??

Hope its soon.
They are destroying my pleasure for bike racing with every new decision....

Out with them. Their time is over.
Get new leaders for MGP and WSBK. Shortly!!

Chris - Unregistered

May 12, 2013 7:22 AM

Obviously Dorna are going for exclusivity, I wonder what the viewing figures will be on BT. Sad day when the best coverage and commentary team will be lost, the BBC coverage will not be missed by me if I did watch it was with the sound muted, Cox & Parrish are possibly the two worst commentators around. That will be me looking for alternatives to MotoGP oh! and if comments are to be believed WSBK will go the same way. On the plus side we don't have to listen ti Eddie Jordan.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »