MotoGP » Eurosport 'disappointed' by Dorna's change of strategy

"British Eurosport is disappointed that MotoGP series rights holder Dorna has decided to change its strategy"

phil wilkinson - Unregistered

May 18, 2013 8:32 AM

Why oh why is motorcycling on TV messed around with. Can Dorna not see that millions of people around the world want continuity in all motorsport viewing, after all without the TV viewers, the sport would die an agonising death, as 100,000 racegoers every 2 weeks or so cannot fund the multi-million pound beast that is MOTO GP.
As an avid bike fan, I love the buzz of attending a race meet, but you can see it all on TV, not a few high speed blips every minute and a half or so.
I hope BT sport have the common sense to employ Toby Moody & Julian Ryder to commentate, they are without doubt the best.

Richard - Unregistered

May 23, 2013 10:53 AM

Like most fans I think this is a disaster for all those who follow Motogp in the UK. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the races on Eurosport - thanks Toby and Julian you have been great and will be sadly missed from our screens.

Looks like it will be waiting for Motorcycle News every Wednesday for details of the action.

Marc - Unregistered

May 25, 2013 8:43 PM

Dorna should be ashamed of themselves. Eurosport have done them proud from the start. Their coverage has always been second to none and the commentary team are the best there are bar none. Lets see how they go on when BT drop them when something more profitable comes along

Jane - Unregistered

May 29, 2013 4:52 PM

It's all about MONEY. How much more do diehard fans have to suffer to watch the sport's that they love. Football, F1, Boxing now MotoGP, shame on you Dorna you do not deserve the patronage that you get. When no one goes through the gates and no one watches on TV anymore where will you go for finance. You seem to have forgotten that it is the fans that generate your income and not all those fans in the UK can afford to keep paying for what they want to watch on the TV. I for one do not have BT and will have to pay out more money. On a British Pension that is no JOKE. We are not all MILLIONAIRES.

Oldie54

June 10, 2013 8:53 AM

Dorna claimed that this change was to give fans a better coverage. What a crock of **** did they ask the fans? We already have virgins biggest package just to get Eurosport 1 and 2 and if they think we are changing to BT they can think again. I also notice that the BT ads heralding this new channel do not mention moto gp at all. And lastly, I know it's a rumour but Clare Balding? WTF.

collieman47

November 14, 2013 1:31 AM

Well I for one wont miss Moody and Ryder.There rubbish commontary gets on my nerves I liked the Bbc team, and hope that Mat Roberts Steve Parrish and Assi get contracted to the new BT Sport and MotoGP I will be going over to BT broadband from sky as soon as pos. I just hope that BT stick to there word and show every tetevised moment of each GP

« 5 6 7 8 9