MotoGP » Ezpeleta: BBC to BT like 500cc to MotoGP

“500cc was fantastic for decades, but there is a moment when you need to move to other possibilities” - Carmelo Ezpeleta.

RSMick

May 10, 2013 5:30 PM

Most people on here only watch it because its on BBC and I doubt they go to the races, the people who moan about Eurosport losing you have to pay for that. If you watch on line the new covage has secting camera's and realtime information avaiable, this will all be available on BT, BBC or Eurosport cannot offer that.

prof-x - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 5:32 PM

too true killahrat. I dont know why but MotoGP commentators in general are way too shall we say 'happy' on the mic. It gives me douche chills as well. After Randy Mamola (Integrity) left Ryder was the only one keeping the operation some what hinged. Nick and Gav were okay, except last year they got the memo to start fawning all over Marquez, especially when he ran people over and off the race track, its hard to respect commentators who obviously throw logic out the window and just slobber all over the establishment's picks for the future... Say next to nothing about how lousy the predictions are, ever try watching some of those races after you know whats going to happen, now there is a laugh.

btw, you dont have to pay to watch, but with Dorna looking to make more bank of their internet, and getting rid of Eurosports and BBC, its obvious that they are going to need to 'clamp' down in order to keep their supply of viewers.

Martek

May 10, 2013 6:19 PM

FFS, more cash to BT, well not from me, I'm not bothered about the BBC as always watched on Eurosport, will Eurosport still show?, if not, this year will be my last.
Ah well, WSB it is then, stuff BT.

Chaos - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 6:41 PM

Why is he comparing changing from 500cc to MotoGP with changing TV coverage. They are totally different things, with totally different motivations and consideration behind them and cannot be compared. That annoys me.
Plus there are a lot of fans that would say that 500cc was better and would have preferred that the change to MotoGP had not happened.
He is right that the UK is a mature audience. We are mature enough to make informed decisions for ourselves and fans who aren't already with BT are unlikely to pay £15 per month and so it is likely that the fan base in the UK will shrink, which is surely bad for the sport?
I am happy with free coverage thank you very much (Oh, he didn't actually ask fans what they wanted did he, or did I just miss that survey?).

thegreatnumberseven - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 7:25 PM

" BT Sport can give to us what I think the British fans and everybody needs,” said Ezpeleta."

is this PARASITE for real?

what we need is to be able to watch the racing without filling his greedy pockets. I for one will not be blackmailed into stumping up. They can stick the races where the sun doesn't shine.

Les Warren - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 7:28 PM

I love Motogp ! I have followed it for years by subscribing through Eurosport . I have watched intensley the rise from 125 the career of one Valentino Rossi and all of the other protaganists for the titles . I am now so dissapointed because at 66 years of age i will not be taking up the move to BT and so like a lot of other fans will miss out on the fantastic show that is the MOTOGP world championship . I could cry at that prospect , honest ! I look forward at the end of each season to the start of the next ! Whatever has driven this decision,it could not have been worse ? Money perhaps greed ?, Somebody thought it was a good buisness move to minimise the exposure of MOTOGP through these means . I would question that decision quite seriously and look at the BT position in all this compared to its competitors ?

VF - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 7:35 PM

well new era,time for me to leave motogp instead of looking spaniards riding crt,marelli motorcycle limited at 14000revs,i save my money on beautiful spanish students girls looking for love at la jonquera because of unemployment crisis in spain and bad salary provides by spaniard ortega amancio fourth richest man on earth who fatten himself by treatening his employees all around the world as slaves in zara Corp.
Ezpeleta and motogp when all your subscribers and spectactors will leave because your ambitious outweigh your talent you'll finally understand charles quint and the spanish kingdom splendor is over,as you said it is a new era.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16  »