MotoGP » Ezpeleta: BBC to BT like 500cc to MotoGP

“500cc was fantastic for decades, but there is a moment when you need to move to other possibilities” - Carmelo Ezpeleta.

RSMick

May 12, 2013 12:52 AM

No "I like green" read with a bit more attention, its all happened before and no one has moaned, then again does anybody really care about WSB?
If it wasn't for CE investing in British talent there would have been no Haslam, Smith, Redding, Kent, Davies, Toseland, Walker, Byrne, Stafford and Cammier, all moved into GP with Dorna backing. The likes of Smith, Redding, Kent and Davies, even Stoner being paid for by Dorna in the acadamy, now give something back.

well Ezpeleta would say that wouldn't he.
Its a very short sighted view for financial gain over veiwer. There will be less people watching in the UK as its a premium price service on BT.
His rhetoric about moving on is rubbish, The grids are empty compared to the glory days. And that is why they hurredly brought in Claiming Rule Teams (CRT), to boost numbers on the grid. My idea of racing is more than 17 riders on the starting grid! Bloody shables

Shadow

May 12, 2013 12:42 PM

If they try that in Australia they will lose, no way I or many others will pay to watch MotoGP.

If it stops being a procession and they start to race then maybe I will change my mind.

killahrat

May 12, 2013 1:49 PM

This is a complete Phuck You to British MotoGp fans, well Ezpeleta you can phuck off, you aren't getting any more of my money. Silverstone is going to suffer big time as people will not be watching or interested in MotoGp anymore.

bri t

May 12, 2013 3:31 PM

"BT Sport can give to us what I think the British fans and everybody needs,” said Ezpeleta.

What? More bills for the same chit?

I too will be leaving the Moto class of racing (unless by some twist of fate I end up with BT BB) . In a way I don't mind as its not been good enough to warrant the time I spend on it.

prof-x - Unregistered

May 12, 2013 8:22 PM

You know I have to bet the pensioners in Canada will be more upset (in the long run) than the people who decide to do something else with their time. But they already floated this idea a long time ago probably. Ezpeleta's days are probably numbered though, I think he and Bernie are a little long in the tooth to be doing this stuff anyhow.

Cammyspop

May 13, 2013 9:24 AM

@bri t so what bikesport do you watch on TV then? I don't think there is any live bikesport left on terrestrial TV now is there? So if you do watch bikesport live on TV then I'm assuming you have Sky. And if you have Sky you'll get BT Sport when it launches.

This is just another case of a live sport moving from terrestrial TV to subscription services. Stick your nose into other sport's internet forums and you will see that the same moaning occurs for all those sports, but in every case popularity does not drop significantly.

Real fans who don't already have Sky or BT will get one of them to continue watching. If you're not a real fan then why are you even commenting?

Cammyspop

May 13, 2013 9:30 AM

@Rusty where do you get the £15 a month figure from? There is, as yet, no indication how much Sky will charge for the BT Sport channels. Given that BT own ESPN in the UK I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that it will bundle in with ESPN at the current price of a tenner a month.

Cammyspop

May 13, 2013 9:33 AM

@bob where do you get £12.50 a month from? BT Vision is £4 a month. From what BT tell me you will need to buy a viewing card for a tenner to watch BT Sport, with no additional monthly charges.

However given that they say it's free to BT customers I'd say £10 is a little unfair. If you have BT TV you don't need the viewing card.

« 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  »