MotoGP » Ezpeleta: BBC to BT like 500cc to MotoGP

“500cc was fantastic for decades, but there is a moment when you need to move to other possibilities” - Carmelo Ezpeleta.

Mark Cornwall - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 12:24 PM

i can not believe yet again we have to pay more money to watch a sport that much of our country watches i will certainly not be paying for BT Sport as i pay enough im a massive fan of moto gp maybe the love affair has to come to an end some day Gutted!!!!!!

ohbugger - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 12:36 PM

"Darkwaknight
May 10, 2013 9:46 AM

All these ppl quoting Line rental etc, I take none of you have a Phone already then? If not then £15 a Month, if you move to BT for the same as you pay now (Virgin,TalkTalk etc) then you get it free, this is a Business like anything, And BT see it as that, Get your BB with them and you get Free Sports with Premier Football, Rugby and Now GP. You wait when BT push this (unlike BBC who you would never know show GP as you never see an ad for it). BT will promote it, put the money behind it and push it on with TV and SmartTV/Net media as is the future. I bet that about half of the people here will have looked or will look to move to a BT infinity package next year and see how good it is. I live in a Rural area, Virgin could not give me cable, I had less than 3mb, for the SAME price I got Unlimited 50MB down and 12MB up, on a normal Copper Line and a £50 Sainsburys Voucher. I get no limits, no Caps or throttling. Yet I have friends on Virgin and they say

ohbugger - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 12:38 PM

I pay a tv licence fee to the BBC, I don't have any subscriptions to SKY or Virgin, I don't have a phone line at home and rarely use the internet although I have it included with my £10 p/m mobile phone.

If I wanted to watch MotoGP now It will cost me over £30 p/m no matter who gets a share of the BT deal sky or virgin as I can't see the beeb paying any more.

If the licence fee was scrapped I may consider subscribing to watch, but this is never going to happen as the beeb will most likely need all the money they can to pay for all the compo claims that will be coming from the J S pedo case!

Russell - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 12:39 PM

I think BT may have pulled the wool over Dorna's eyes. The comment "They (BT Sport) will do the same,” he said. “This is a big corporation. We are not talking about a small broadcaster! They are with the Premier League and the Rugby as well" ....ummmm no. They don't even exist yet so how can they be a big broadcaster?!! It's all tosh and I don't see many of you wanting this. I presume that we'll still be able to watch it on BBC and Eurosport ....just not live. Thats fine by me if it means BT don't get any money

Dave - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 1:01 PM

What a stunningly stupid decision. Once again the greed of Dorna has over-ridden any loyalty to the fans who support MotoGP. What a pity, just as Rossi was watchable again and the British contingent were having an impact. BSB and WSB it is then!

wtf - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 1:28 PM

Im loving the quality of coverage argument coming from some people. I personally dont need a 5 hour program with professional "pundits" like football to tell me how the British riders are doing, what they had for breakfast and all that, the technical insights are usually rubbish and stuff that most fans would know already or could find out with a 30 second google search.

wtf - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 1:32 PM

Also I like how the motorsport fans in the UK have been royally shafted by the BBC, first they bid for the F1 and motogp, taking it away from already competent broadcasters ( ITV, Eurosport ) the once they realise that these aren't as big as wussball they decide to flip the rights off and they both go to PPV channels, coincidence? ?
So really we should all be thanking auntie for royally shafting us without lube.

niall - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 1:33 PM

Big mistake Dorna. Keep it on Eurosport at least. I will not pay another subscritpion to BT.Sorry. Especially if the quality of racing is as poor as it was last year. BT is a massive £billion gamble on football but like previous channels it is unlikely to work.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »