MotoGP » Ezpeleta: BBC to BT like 500cc to MotoGP

“500cc was fantastic for decades, but there is a moment when you need to move to other possibilities” - Carmelo Ezpeleta.

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 1:45 PM

Looking at that picture I can't help noticing how old Carmelo Ezpelata is.

This deal with BT must have been done to boost his retirement fund - I can't think of any other explanation for such an utterly ludicrous decision by Dorna.

wjam - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 1:50 PM

And then the poor sods who live in europe and need BBC to actually see the damn thing at all..
So I loose motogp in English.. Progress..
On the good old analogue satellite I could get the eurosport feed and pick a language feed to go with it. then they went digital and removed that. Now they remove it from free to air and as a consequence I cannot watch me by any means EXCEPT to pay dorna.. But my crappy internet mostly won't stream it. Thanks a lot Ezpelata

me - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 1:51 PM

I refuse to be held to ransom, I'll drop moto gp, 2, 3 from the races I watch and follow some WSB and BSB support races instead - probably supersport.
And that's coming from someone who intends to travel to the Mugello MotoGP round this year.

Deano - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 2:27 PM

"...BT Sport can give to us what I think the British fans and everybody needs,” said Ezpeleta.
M. Ezpeleta has no idea what the British fans need - or want - because he has never asked them! He does know what they would say if he did: BBC & Eurosport!

He is behaving like a little dictator - again.
He can't even be honest and say that this is happening because Dorna want to screw some more money out of MotoGP before it goes tits up.

Pathetic!

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 2:54 PM

Well BT can shove it where the sun dont shine.I left them over 10 years ago because of the shat service i was getting.And from what i can gather,it isnt much better now.They wont be seeing any of my hard earned money!
I will find it on the internet somewhere i dare say.

BOMBERH - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 3:16 PM

WELL LIKE 500 TO MOTO GP WELL MR Ezpeleta DID YOU EVER WATCH THE RACING THE MOTOGP RACING IS **** COMPARED TO THE 500CC JUST LIKE BT TV CHANNEL WILL BE **** ITS FREE ON BBC AND I IM NOT PAYING BT WILL STICK WITH EUROSPORT WILL HAVE JUST WORLD / BRITISH SUPER BIKES & SPEEDWAY GOOD BYE MOTO GP ITS LIKE A SPANISH CUP ANYWAY

Lord Muz - Unregistered

May 10, 2013 3:30 PM

Espeleta knows sweet FA about British audiences, how about the people who don't have or can't afford anything other than freeview, what about them? They can walk, that's the upshot of all this and Dorna don't give a monkeys. You reap what you sow and alienating fans is NOT the way to grow the sport. Big mistake Espeleta, big mistake.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »