MotoGP » Future of MotoGP: Asia and Brazil in, Spain and US out?

Future MotoGP rounds likely in Asia, Brazil

terry - Unregistered

May 15, 2013 9:30 PM

I couldn't give a S**T, they can race on the moon for all I care. I flatly refuse to go back to BT and I will not be blackmailed in to paying £15 a month to watch it!

Codger

May 15, 2013 9:41 PM

BT vision is £4 a month, cheap enough I think.
People got all excited when BSB and SKY first appeared and couldn't wait to get on it. They objected to the annual BBC licence fee but didn't seem to mind paying somebody else monthly. Soon cable companies started charging extra for Sports, then Films were extra too, followed by Natural History programs. My monthly BT bill is £16 cheaper than my daughter's 'like for like' SKY package. My son has SKYs' top package and pays £42 a month more than I do.
Just saying, if MotoGP is important to you then it's cheap enough.

2T - Unregistered

May 15, 2013 11:36 PM

@Codger

You have have BT provide your broadband & phone, (or you have to have sky) to watch MotoGP from next year.
It won't be cheap to watch.

This is why there so much outrage, because many fans feel like they're being held to ransome.

laughable - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 12:04 AM

Its already been decided... Jerez and Valinca and indianapolis are out... making room for Argintina, Thailand and Brazil... they would be racing in Argintina this year if it were not for Repsol... the Thailand is already under constrution and theres reports that Brazil needs a new track b/c old one is so run down. aand why doesent the artical say anything about the new Welsh circuit currently being built?

Guntown - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 12:45 AM

I wouldn't go as far to say Laguna is not suitable......
The new COTA track in Austin is right in my backyard, basically only 45 miles from my house. Sure, it was convenient to ride my bike there on the Toll Road 130 (speed limit is 85mph!), state of the art facility....very nice but I drove 3800 miles round trip, spent $5000 and took two weeks off of work doing so but there's just something about being up in Napa Valley, all the wine vineyards, lane splitting down PCH, great food, etc., etc. etc. You don't want to leave when it over. Always think of how Valentino replied when asked about Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway with his Italian accent......"Itsa Beautiful....." and I have to say I agree with him. But ya, Indy has to go though. Sure it has history and all but who cares and I have to say I was a little suprised how technical the track was in Austin.....one would have thought there would a lot higher speeds, a more flowing track with all the open space they had to start with.....it was

USA - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 1:12 AM

I can part with Indy, but Jerez and catalunya gotta go. No reason Spain should have 4 races (except for that fact that ez paleta is trying to turn the series Spanish). Also would be nice to see a few more Asian races and definitely South America. I'm sure motogp would be more than welkom in South Africa too :D

Redda Bulla - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 3:08 AM

1. Scrap the GO-Kart track that is Valencia
2. Scrap the dangerous injury causing Indianapolis
3. Scrap Aragon. Good track but not necessary when we already have the Brilliant Jerez and Catalunya.
4. Bring back Estoril
5. Go to India
6. Make a new track in Indonesia as they are MotoGP mad!

Redda Bulla - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 3:12 AM

@USA

Do you even watch MotoGP? If so...why on earth would Jerez get scrapped? It is almost the main round. 120,000 fans on race day, the best atmosphere on the calendar (it's insane, like Mugello) they won't get rid of Jerez. Valencia is rubbish and slow, riders and bikes can't stretch their legs.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »