MotoGP » Future of MotoGP: Asia and Brazil in, Spain and US out?

Future MotoGP rounds likely in Asia, Brazil

Redda Bulla - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 3:19 AM

@ RON exactly

Spanish Tracks to Keep: Jerez and Catalunya
Scrap: Indianapolis, Valencia, Aragon
Bring Back: Estoril and South Africa
Introduce: New Delhi India, Abu Dhabi, a New Indonesian Circuit

JC Racing - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 4:13 AM

I live 25km from the racetrack in Brasilia. They're working on the track renovation now. The old curbs have been replaced with GP standard ones, the paddock area is being worked on, the runoff area is being improved and the track will be resurfaced. First time since 1974.

Dario - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 4:32 AM

Great, so only GP races will happen on the west coast of the US. Indy is within a 2 day bike ride from NYC, for a nice trip, but I guess I had it too good!

Venkatesh - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 8:46 AM

Welcome thought!!!!

I am not sure how much revenue is generated out of the US rounds. Three in USA is a lot I guess. I think Laguna must be retained, scrapping COTA and Indianapolis.
In Spain, I think Aragon can be removed.
These can be replaced with India, South Africa and Indonesia (Not sure if there is a circuit).

AUS - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 9:29 AM

@shamarone
I hope you dont mind me asking you are you a Yank?if you are I am surprised at you bagging Brazil ,I have been to your country many times and I really enjoy my time there but I have to be honest I have never seen as much poverty in a developed country as yours I was shocked the first time I was there ,so I say if USA can afford 3 races I say Brazil can afford 1

Yes Yes Yes Leave Me Alone

May 16, 2013 11:41 AM

The BT deal is not so bad - many already get BT broadband (I recently did a lot of research into which broadband was best for me and BT was the cheapest) - that was before they threw in free motogp and 38 premier league matches into the bargain.

I'm sure there will be lots of ways to watch on the internet anyway -a few google searches for 'free motogp stream' should throw something up...

czx - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 12:52 PM

@Yes Yes Yes Leave Me Alone,
The problem isn't BT deal, it's BT(talk talk, etc.) landline based internet connection. First you pay line rental then you pay for your broadband/phone/tv package then BT vision fee. They only just started roling out fibre optic connection and that's 50% more expensive than Virgin(fibre optic for years now) and only covers major cities at the moment. Many people have moved on from ancient BT to other providers, and imho MotoGp or even Football or whatever they show, won't change that.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »