MotoGP » Lorenzo states penalty case, Marquez 'fans like it'

"I have no problem with Marc, I just want to improve the safety of my sport. This must be the top priority" - Jorge Lorenzo.

Theodore - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 6:27 PM

Marc: I'm coming to get you Jorge,don't ever look down @ me!

Jorge: How long do I have to keep up with this fake smile,hope the camera's are off now. I'm world champion & I guess I just have to make peace with this guy who will surpass all my success in no time

yamaham1FAN - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 6:31 PM

Well JLO, its time to put on your big boy panties and nut up. This kid is gonna make your earn this championship. Come on Rossi, lets see the old school backyard brawler you once were..

superfunnystuff - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 6:36 PM

Grow up Lorenzo. This is all your mistake.

MM did nothing wrong.

EVERY RIDER in MM's position would have walked through that gaping open door you left.

If they don't then they should not be racing.

It doesn't matter if this was on the first lap or the last.

Open doors will often get shut on the mistaken rider who left the door wide open.

GREAT JOB MM!

shamarone

May 16, 2013 6:45 PM

re: "Lorenzo and Marquez also shook hands again in the press conference"

exactly, any true racer, even if you're on the RECEIVING end of that move, ya gotta smile/laugh and give props.

you got owned EPIC and you know it. just roll with it. the season's young and there'll be plenty of opportunities to repay the favor. in a safe/friendly manner of course.

everything doesn't have to be (italian red mist) rossi flippin' the bird to biaggi, or biaggi slappin' melandri in the car park. rise above.

DJ from TJ - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 7:21 PM

Lorenzo has matured a great deal the last few year, his riding style and behaviour is that of a true champion. Ever since the passing of Simoncelli, Lorenzo had patched things up with few riders (Pedrosa, Rossi and even Bautista). And has learnt to race with respect and honor. My point is that riders need to earn respect and trust from the other riders, a great example was last season when there was no controversy between the top 3 guys, they passed each other plenty of times without touching or pulling a bone head move. That is something that Marquez still doesn't have and I can only hope he gets one day.
Pedrosa doesn't have to worry about Lorenzo T-boning him or vice versa, they're grown up, they've been through injuries and seen tragedy....

abc - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 7:28 PM

This points system is bad I think, I've bought tickets for Barcelona GP, and one of the things i'm most excited about is to see marquez pull some aggressive moves, if dorna penalize him it will change his style. No offence to jorge but this is why he hasn't got a cult following like rossi, great rider, but lacks on track charisma and wants motogp to be like F1 with strict rules, that is why rossi and marquez gather such huge followings, they want hard racing

DJ from TJ - Unregistered

May 16, 2013 7:36 PM

@OZ Mick
Well I do remember last years race in the wet none the less, and I remember Lorenzo passing both Pedrosa and Stoner in a matter of seconds without incident. In every race they passed each other at once or twice, which is equivalent to 20+ passes a season per rider, I know is not Moto2 or WSBK but they did pass each other PLENTY of times. Oh and by the way, I actually pay for the MotoGP video pass, and watch the races more than once, plus the extra footage.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »