MotoGP » Le Mans: 'A beautiful feeling' - Dovizioso front row for Ducati

“I was surprised to do a 1:33.6, as I didn't think I'd be able to do that, but it was a beautiful feeling” - Andrea Dovizioso.

prof-x - Unregistered

May 18, 2013 6:20 PM

now that hes got a team backing him, it should be interesting to see what he can do, even if hes currently on the third best make of bike in the field. I suspect that tire wear is still going to be a problem for him.

Brian Garbellini

May 18, 2013 6:22 PM

I know it's just Qualifying, but it's great to see the variety of riders and machines in the hunt. It will be great ( albeit improbable) that the race be this close. Nice to see a Rookie mix in with a WC and a Duc o. Row 1.
Hope Dovi shocks a few people.

jambop - Unregistered

May 18, 2013 7:28 PM

Its all academic anyway bcause it is going to rain BUT here's my point everybody is giving it how well the lad has done, and he has thing i the tyre that he di that time with is the rae tyre that he and Rossi and for that matter all the other prototypes would be usinging a dry race. Dovi has done well on it for one lap but dear reader anybody who thinks he would do better on it for the entire race distance is talking right out of their butt. I really am praying for a dry race so you will exactly what I am saying Dovi is going nowhere but backword in any dry race. Unfortunately it will be wet and, well, anything could happen!

prof-x - Unregistered

May 18, 2013 8:01 PM

considering Dovi is 1.3 seconds faster than Rossi's time last year and hes 4 places higher on the grid, gotta see him disappointing some of Dorna's victims.

miffy - Unregistered

May 18, 2013 8:24 PM

That Ducati is fast round here, it isn't so much about Dovi being amazing, just Rossi was so pathetic. Like I'm sorry Dovi but you're never better than Rossi when you had the chance and you never will be.... maybe Rossi is just past it now. Maybe Lorenzo goes in and messes up the bike at night because Spies was fast and then turned to crap when he went to the Factory team with Lorenzo lol.

Uatu - Unregistered

May 18, 2013 9:08 PM

Well doen Dovi - pleased for you and for Ducati. Welcome change. Now please stay the pace and do not be spoiler for anyone chasing Marquez and Pedrosa

Uatu - Unregistered

May 18, 2013 9:12 PM

.... Silly me. DId I say Marquez and Pedrosa. I meant Marquez and Lorenzo. These guys could be outta sight by the time anyone works their way past Dovi.

shamarone

May 18, 2013 10:02 PM

rain and he may just put up a win. sadly it'll be a win not unlike the one chris the V pulled off on the "rizla wobbler" (read suzuki). that in '07 also at a wet "LEMONS". somebody's gotta tell the new management, they are capable of WAAAY more than pyrric victories.

1 2  »