MotoGP » French MotoGP, Le Mans - Race Results

Race results from the French MotoGP at Le Mans, round 4 of 18.

Codger

May 19, 2013 6:04 PM

@Samas......Bashing Rossi and then claiming it's bashing his fans is worn out it has been used so often. It's not even true. Credit to you though being brave enough to use it from a 'registered' user position.

@True fan.....valid points. No pain for me though, wherever Rossi finishes.
You have to agree with me though that if Rossi started last and then won the race by 20 seconds, idiots on here would still find something bad to say. Tiresome isn't it?

Andmi

May 19, 2013 6:28 PM

@ stoner unregistered - a slight overstatement of crash being the home of lowlife people, Rossi bashers yes as he's not doing too well of late.
If he was the goat he'd win on a crt or is not 80% rider any more?

Billace - Unregistered

May 19, 2013 7:11 PM

Codger,
I like to think there is a lack of objectivity on both sides. I have yet to see the topic discussing who is the GOAT, if the greatest victory in MotoGP was in fact LS08 or asking if racecraft = WC.

Each week or so the circus moves to a new venue and the discussions are about that race. Many say Rossi won't win and many claim his day will finally come. So far he's not showing he has the stuff.

I thought Vale himself was starting to think that way in 2010 when he jumped to Ducati. He had a seat on the M1 but chose to walk away as Jorge was coming into his own.

If he finds something and beats this lead group I think it will be the greatest victory of his career. its been getting harder for him each year as the current crop of challengers matured and another wave of riders (Cal, Bradl) are gunning for him.

BTW, I think MM could go from last to 1st, he did it last year against 40 or so bikes, he wouldn't have 10 to try to pass in the "Premier Class"

TalentFan

May 19, 2013 10:19 PM

I reckon what Samas said about it being Rossi's fans are why he's getting stick now is actually spot on.

VR faithfull have always dished it out by the truckload. This is bound to generate retaliation when opportunity presents.

I'm a good example of Samas' point. I have respect for Rossi the rider but none at all for a great many of the more boorish and extremist partisans he seems to have attracted in droves.

Rossi fell today racing. I don't knock him for that as he was pushing. It's a hard truth though that lots will do to get payback from the worst elements in his fanbase.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

May 19, 2013 11:38 PM

Rossi did not have the worse showing today, his teammate did! Worse finish by Lorenzo since his rookie year!! Wonder what 99 crystal balls has to say about this one.. J.Low

So you think 7th is worse than 12th do you mate?
What school did you go to?
Remind me not to send my kids there!

Lorenzo had a bad day at the office.It happens to everyone now and again.

J low - Unregistered

May 19, 2013 11:51 PM

Based on their current potential and expectations, yes. Lorenzo finishing 7th when he has set the bar so high for himself by always being consistent and not finishing outside the top 3 in 90% or so of his races since 2008 is a worse result than an ever fading and past his expiration date rossi finishing 12th. Surely as jlo's number one fan I thought you'd agree with me..

J low - Unregistered

May 19, 2013 11:55 PM

Simply put, I'm more surprised that 99 finished 7th without crashing than I am that rossi finished 12th while crashing. For rossi it was a bad day at the office, for Lorenzo the office burned down.

Objective

May 20, 2013 1:09 AM

It is sad that the the guys who have had to endure years of crap from one-eyed Rossi fans feel compelled to take the opportunity to drop down to their level. Can't we just enjoy what was a great race with some amazing riding? Leave the trash talking out of it guys.

JimmyJimmy

May 20, 2013 1:43 AM

Four races down and here's what we know...

After round 1, it appeared that Yamaha had carried last year's advantage over the chatter-riddled Honda into 2013. Since then, it's clear that last year's chatter is a distant memory and the Honda has the edge - for now.

Pedrosa has picked up where he left off last year. Very strong.

Jorge is his usual self but this must feel like 2011 (when the Honda had the edge and two good riders) rather than 2012 (when his Yamaha had the edge and his primary rival self-descructed then injured himself).

MM... Well... What can you say. What a revelation. I had my doubts coming into the year because plenty of 250 fast guys and word champions had made the step up, amongst a lot of hype, then failed dismally. (continued over...)

« 7 8 9 10 11 12  »