MotoGP » Le Mans: Valentino Rossi 'A good result thrown away'

"I was strong and I enjoyed it but I made a mistake and the good result was thrown away" - Valentino Rossi.

Roddo - Unregistered

May 19, 2013 7:58 PM

Guys no rider lasts forever and it's just time for Rossi to move on he has been the best of the best in GP but I think the only glory he will enjoy now would be across in World superbikes. There is talk of a Yamaha team entering superbikes in 2014 I think you might see Rossi have a go in 2015 if not he has delivered some of the most amazing moments I have ever witnessed in racing Long live the King BYE BYE Big lad!

joe850

May 19, 2013 8:21 PM

I don't think we will ever see ANYONE else, who can, on demand, leave the field behind by over 10 sec. just to erase a 10 sec. penalty that was imposed on him. Rossi used to be # uno, but already way back in 2010, I saw he was loosing his sharpness. It was with the greatest of effort he could beat JLo, CS or DP. He had to ride on the edge and probably brought increased anxiety and tension and decrease in concentration. I suspect all those factors lead to a mistake and crash in which he broke leg. 2011, 2012 was not so much Ducati as aging and even back on Yamaha he now is older yet than in 2010.

Kiyo Rulz - Unregistered

May 19, 2013 8:38 PM

It seems to me as if everybody has swiftly forgotten Vale's 2nd place at Qatar, in the dry, from a fairly mediocre start. You'll all be eating your words when he wins a race this season.

TalentFan

May 19, 2013 9:30 PM

Rossi had been passed fair n square by Cal who was gapping him - what VR said about battling CC for the podium isnt supported by his pace at the time. Also he was being pressured hard by a charging Hayden when he crashed.

VR was pushing and crashed. It happens and I'm not going to knock him for it. But I do think he's over-egging it when he claims he was capable of a podium if he'd stayed on.

Theodore - Unregistered

May 19, 2013 9:30 PM

Does anybody know if Rossi is paying for his ride @ Yamaha or are they paying him???

Anyways unlucky for Rossi but these things happen on a wet track. Happy for Dani..don't look back from now on Dani just keep going!

Billace - Unregistered

May 19, 2013 9:33 PM

Kiyo,

It seems you have forgotten that Honda was never on pace all weekend in Qatar, Pedrosa qualified in Rossith position and his team mate was miles ahead.

It was more a poor performance by Honda than a great performance by Vale. Cal was even on the heels of the Repsol's there.

We can only hope Honda struggles at a few other circuits this year or it will be a 2 horse race...

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »