MotoGP » Le Mans: Valentino Rossi 'A good result thrown away'

"I was strong and I enjoyed it but I made a mistake and the good result was thrown away" - Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Objective

May 20, 2013 12:37 AM

I have a lot of respect for what Rossi has achieved but he is dreaming if he thought he could get onto the podium. Nicky had caught up to him and was putting on a lot of pressure just before he fell. I can't see how he could have caught and passed Dovi or held off a flying Marquez.

Respectforallriders - Unregistered

May 20, 2013 12:44 AM

How about just accepting that Rossi is still part of Motogp for at least this year and next. He does have a contract with Yamaha for that time. Enjoy the races for what they are and stop complaining about this or that about any rider. Tired of Rossi's "excuses"? Don't read them or listen to them. After all sometimes (any rider) is baited by the press to give their takes on situations. Would you prefer he just not comment on anything?

Roman - Unregistered

May 20, 2013 12:52 AM

Rossi is still in this game. He has shown great speed and racecraft already this season unfortunetaly the Honda is a weapon and proving tough for all the competitors. Lorenzo kept it upright in LeMans but never showed the speed Rossi did and Lorenzo is supposed to be the much faster rider...I'm not buying it. Without some top three dry race results in the near future though and I will be left to wonder about Rossi's future.

respectforallriders - Unregistered

May 20, 2013 1:14 AM

I have to agree those Hondas are clearly getting the better of the Yams... Rossi's situation, it is what it is. He himself must find it in him to overcome. Up until his crash he looked rather comfortable where he was. Jorge commented when asked about win last year that this years bike is different. How about Marquez' real-time education in rain? Pushing just enough to find out "oops, OK a little too much that time" but recovering and actively learning from errors. I like this kid... Cal's got some superhuman ability to turn out when it was a bit questionable and knockout a 2nd placing. Great Quali for Dovi... already thinking in my mind "first for Ducati since Stoner" Dovi's best chance ever I think... Like last race Pedro FTW... If he keeps at it he'll be my favorite for this years WC. Not saying it will be easy for him with likes of the others there to make it difficult for him. 4 races in and I've seen more passing, re-passing, dicing since I can remember... This years WC

Westminister - Unregistered

May 20, 2013 1:19 AM

Rossi was better and faster on the Ducati than the Yamaha now.
He should leave Yamaha at the end of the season and return to the faster machine for him - THE DUCATI.

He is only the GOAT on his DUKE!!!!!!!!

kiwibob - Unregistered

May 20, 2013 1:23 AM

Wow can,t believe how people turn on rossi i am not a fan but do respect him as a rider and he still has the ability on a dry track to be top four anytime . He has lost some speed but i still rate him a solid no four in this field so good luck to him

Tita - Unregistered

May 20, 2013 2:20 AM

You people are all retarded. Where exactly is any excuse in his interview? He is explaining and blaming himself! Not the bike, not Hayden, not the weather. He is saying he threw the chance away. You, who just want to pay him out, please learn English or shut your mouth!

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »