MotoGP » Le Mans: Dovizioso 'so happy' after strong race

“I'm so happy with the race” – Andrea Dovizioso.

stonecold

May 20, 2013 11:06 PM

@la exstream
What the guy meant by the best since Stoner is ,that Dovi lead the race for a long time and he was fighting for a win,Just like Stoner.Is that too hard for your small brain to comprehend.

Realist

May 20, 2013 11:10 PM

@ TalentFan

I don't know that Dovi has performed above expectation (in reference to race results). I think he is performing as expected. I think most people predicted that he'd do no better or worse than Rossi did.

jambop - Unregistered

May 20, 2013 11:32 PM

@talent fan
I don't think I would disagree that Rossi was a notional under achiever at Ducati, but by the same measure to say that Dovi is getting better results from the bike, as many people posting on here are, is wrong. I would also like to throw this one in the works so to speak. How much of Rossi's input at Ducati has helped Dovi? I know a lot of the armchair racers have said that they,Ducati, should go back to the carbon fibre frame setup they had when Rossi arrived. I suspect that he has benifitted greatly from this, others may disagree but Ihave not heard them saying they want to go in that direction, and Hayden said it was the best bike he had ridden at Ducati. Cue the mob !

jambop - Unregistered

May 20, 2013 11:42 PM

@stonecold
lead the race for a long time eh no .. the first four laps. then Pedrosa rode off the circuit under no pressure and Dovi lead for another three laps the Pedrosa repeated his mistake and Dovi lead for another lap so he led for eight of the twenty eight. Not bad but never fighting for the win you obviously watched a different race to me.

Realist

May 21, 2013 12:00 AM

@ jambop

@ gremlin

Ummm, did you watch the 2011 season. First year on, he got a 7th, 5th, 5th, and a 3rd. Dovi, in his first year has amassed a 7th, 7th, 8th, 4th. What is there to dispute exactly? Ohhhhhhhhhh, you must mean the stuff that doesn't matter....like starting position, FP times and a few laps led.

screwloose

May 21, 2013 12:08 AM

dovi did a fantastic job 2 and a bit years since a duc lead a race, 2 me that gives him one up on the rider he replaced would love to see him lead in a dry race that would make my day keep going foward dovi and goodluck for the rest of the season

Realist

May 21, 2013 12:11 AM

@ screwloose

I guess.....if that's what makes the difference to you. I can lead a marathon for a couple miles too, but that makes very little difference I'm no longer leading by mile 26 (or however long a marathon is).

screwloose

May 21, 2013 2:38 AM

@realist: so you dont think that a ducati leading wasnt gud for the sport ??? I probaly know that it might take a miricale for the duc to lead in a dry race but i hope it does happen to me if it happens shows to me that they are trying to get that bike competitive again and they have a rider willing to let it all hang out, or did i offend you by saying i believe he has one up on the rider he replaced?

Codger

May 21, 2013 7:55 AM

Dovi has jumped on a bike that is notorious for messing with it's riders and immediately come to terms with it. He is performing better than Nicky from the outset.The fact that he is, or is not, doing better than Rossi doesn't really matter, he has ridden to the bikes limits which is all any rider can do.
Dovi, brilliant rider, gets his head down and does what he is paid to do. No dramas, no side issues, no complaints. My kind of rider.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »