MotoGP » Le Mans: Rivals impressed by Honda rideability

“It looks like they can control the slide in the wet better than us” – Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

AUS - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 6:10 AM

I think all you guys have missed the problem with the Yam,I think the poblem is fuel delivery,do all you guys remember what happened rossi in Jarez remember on his warm down lap he ran out of fuel,and on Sunday he was pulling in the front runners easy at the begining of the race and all of a sudden he dropped right of the pace,I bet he got the message to change his programme or he would run out of fuel at the pace he was going,and its the same with JLO when the hondas get out in front he stays with them for a few laps and then he drops right back,I dont think its a set up problem or a power probem I think its a fuel delivery problem.

rolling stoner - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 8:33 AM

Marquez is certainly not wasting his factory honda ride and to be honest I reckon he could of esily given Stoner a run for his money especially in Texas...However I do think it would of been quite interesting to see how Marquez would of gone on a satellite bike, to me I think the boy would get podiums on a lesser bike, I think he has the gift of riding the wheels off anything half decent.

Philip - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 8:47 AM

Honda always stronger then yamaha.

The one who can beat honda is rossi and cassey.
Rossi is honda nightmare.But now he is old.
And now all team use same tyre.So rossi can't get an advantage of tyre diversity anymore.
From now honda will dominate motogp.

Last year jorge win WC with some circumtances,cassey injured,tyre problem etc.
But last year honda win more then other.So it's clear honda is stronger.

In next few years the one who can beat honda only marquez.

Codger

May 22, 2013 11:49 AM

@ Grannie Jane.........In my view probably not. I remember one race where Michelin turned up with a batch of tyres that were virtually unusable.
The fact that tyre choice can decide the outcome of the Championship is so wrong. Can't think of a way round it though. Bringing asymmetric tyres, special tyres for CRTs, etc. is against the spirit of racing.
I was pleased when the single make of tyre came in, I thought it would mean a level playing field for them all.
How wrong was I ?....................again :)

Grannie Jane - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 2:08 PM

Codger, it seems every change in the rules to solve one problem only throws up another one.

All the old certainties appear to be no longer true - like Yams being the best in corners, Dani being no good in the wet and too polite for his own good. (Did you see his pass on Dovi? I expected him to give way but he held fast. Brilliant!

Or are my perceptions wrong?

billybobmarysue - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 3:00 PM

Surely though, even if Honda dominate everything, nobody interested in bikes would actually buy one, would they?

I know they are popular but then so are One Direction, which illustrates perfectly the fallacy of popularity.
I always thought Hondas were for people who didn't understand or enjoy biking.

Surely the spirit of motorcycling can't properly exist within a company that makes generators, lawn-mowers and Civics...

I take nothing away from the Honda riders, after all they're getting paid to throw a leg over Big H, but surely no one would pay for the somewhat dubious privilege?

Hmmm. The power of (marketing) dreams.

danik17 - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 10:19 PM

@billy

Hondas are boring?? only the haters and people who dont ride bikes, or havnt ridden Hondas are prone to saying that!!

ill tell you what, i currently own a Sp1 and a CBR1100x, They are by far the best motorcycles i have ever ridden!! you would have to pry my hands of them for me to part with them! They do everything i want, plus give ME a thrill once i put the leg over.Ive ridden suzukis, yamahas, triumphs before but these bikes are just amazing!

of course its always up to the rider..

« 2 3 4 5 6 7  »