MotoGP » Bridgestone: Lorenzo’s tyre not to blame

"I examined the tyre myself and personally discussed the matter with the Yamaha engineers and we all agreed that Jorge's lack of rear grip was not attributable to his tyre" - Shinji Aoki, Bridgestone.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

CRT - Unregistered

May 21, 2013 4:30 PM

Agreed MC.

I found it interesting that at Jerez, Lorenz did not look himself. I think he blew more linesat Jerez than he did all last season combined. This result at Lemans was his worst finishing position since his rookie season in 2008.

I hope he and Yamaha can find a fix as I want a championship fight to the finish.

duh - Unregistered

May 21, 2013 4:40 PM

You guys are missing the point.

Lorenzo is under a mental attack by both Hondas and especially the rookie who is stealing the MotoGP show.

Lorenzo now knows he's nothing special and he's beginning to question his skill.

It's obvious if a rookie can come into MotoGP and take points away from him a 2 time champion and many yeared veteran then he is nothing special.

Rossi was kicking his butt before he dumped it too.
Crutchlow raped him as well.

PTBarnum - Unregistered

May 21, 2013 4:57 PM

Sorry if I'm skeptical of press release from the Corporate Shill
BS has lied before
Could be bad tire, could be something else
Could be some of the Mojo that killed Spies season last year coming onto Jorge ?

Kneesliderstuntman - Unregistered

May 21, 2013 5:06 PM

@ PTBarnum

You might not beleive Bridgestone - when have they lied in the past anyway? but no way would they say Yamaha agreed with them if this wasn't true - can you imagine the fallout from that!?!

The Bridgestone wets are renowned for being out of this world for grip, if there was a problem I think Jorge would have crashed, how can you even race on a defective wet tyre??

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

May 21, 2013 5:15 PM

If the tyre is not to blame,then a set up error is obviously what was causing the problem.You dont have to be Sherlock to work that out.
Lorenzo didnt go out there on Sunday and suddenly forget how to ride in the wet.These guys are the best in the world.
As for him questioning his skill?
I had to chuckle at that one!

Codger

May 21, 2013 5:23 PM

This is an example of why I hate wet races.
In this high tech, multi rider-aid, 99% bike 1% rider, age there are far too many factors beyond the riders control. It used to be that the rain was a great 'leveller', nowadays it just seems to throw up weird results.

Bring back Avon 'roadrunners' I say.