MotoGP » Bridgestone: Lorenzo’s tyre not to blame

"I examined the tyre myself and personally discussed the matter with the Yamaha engineers and we all agreed that Jorge's lack of rear grip was not attributable to his tyre" - Shinji Aoki, Bridgestone.

Rondick - Unregistered

May 21, 2013 5:49 PM

Truth is probably because of several factors... JL is on a new chassis and they have not had proper run on it in the wet, so perhaps why VR and Karl seem to have less problems. Also I dont believe for one second VR had no new updates over Karls bike and cound have also affeced him in the wet.

FInally @duc... did you have to work hard to be so stupid or it just came natural to you?

mandosgreat

May 21, 2013 6:35 PM

Jorge has been my fav since he started in the top class. But I think I'm objective.

Was it setup? More than likely.
Was it tire? Maybe just a little.
Was there something else?
Yes, definitely. Lorenzo is different. In some ways for the better but in others I fear for the worse. He is a tinge less aggressive during races. Complaining about the new point system and how Marquez should maybe have been given a point or two. In his "Ask Cal and Jorge" interview he didn't look comfortable at all. His body language was tense, holding onto his left side handle bar throughout the interview and fidgeting with his sweater's collar. Maybe less important, he has mentioned he is looking to find a girl and settle down.

I think perhaps he is thinking of the Stoner route. Maybe he wants a third championship and wants to call it quits. Maybe he fears injury (moreso than usual) because he wants to limit the dangers on his trek to the championship. Not to mention above all the CLEAR PRESSU

mandosgreat

May 21, 2013 6:40 PM

Clear pressure to be the best Spanish rider. Of which he is having a hell of a task. Obviously it is getting to him.

Pedrosa finished strong last season and looks to be continuing it this season and Marquez is just a phenom. BOTH on better machinery to boot.

Hope he sorts it out. On and off the track.

Realist

May 21, 2013 6:52 PM

I chalk it up to set-up.....

...and who knows, maybe Marquez has put a dent in his armor. It's way too early in the season to count him or any of the other 3 (..Rossi, Pedrosa, Marquez) out of WC contention.

Jose - Unregistered

May 21, 2013 8:00 PM

Lorenzo was there in the same group as the leaders early in the race with the same lap times in the 35s for many laps. Only when he had a big moment he dropped to a 37 back to 35 another big moment and settled in the 37s. It was clearly lack of confidence the reason he dropped so much. But ofcourse you won't see a double time champion say "oh I was getting scared of crashing so I slowed as much as I could". Of course he will blame tires or anything else but telemetry shows otherwise. Lorenzo has this instinct we saw that in past seasons but as usually it meant still finishing top 3 because the other bikes are that much slower but in the rain things were more even and that meant other riders had the opportunity to eat him for lunch as well.

CRT - Unregistered

May 21, 2013 8:15 PM

@
LCTanner - Unregistered

A poor craftsmen blames his tools

What does that say about Rossi on the Ducati? I guess that's different though right?

cmpunk - Unregistered

May 21, 2013 9:13 PM

@ Codger
by that ratio even I would get some points :-)

even in this electronic age rider can make the difference. Casey is a good example of that, I never knew ducati was that bad and never belived he had talent that great, back then also it was painted "its the bike"

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »