MotoGP » Bridgestone: Lorenzo’s tyre not to blame

"I examined the tyre myself and personally discussed the matter with the Yamaha engineers and we all agreed that Jorge's lack of rear grip was not attributable to his tyre" - Shinji Aoki, Bridgestone.

The Fisherman - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 4:02 AM

At the end of the day it does not matter because he is not a champion on the Ducati. Ducati is the yardstick in MotoGP and without a win or a championship on the Ducati means a rider has not proven himself yet and cannot be called a world champion. Only a win or a championship on the Ducati is worth winning. Failing on the Ducati means a failure in career. Winning on the Ducati and everything else is not worth it.

bjr - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 4:36 AM

I've had the (mis)fortune to run a practice session on wet tyres and it was an eye opener. First couple of laps were just to get the feel of things but I'd lost the heat from the tyres and it was a downward spiral from there as they lost more heat, they lost more grip which meant you couldn't work the tyre and they lost more heat and grip until it I felt like you were riding around on blocks of plastic instead of rubber.

Next session I hit them hard from the warmers and they sort of stayed switched on but either I was riding too much like a girl still or the setup wasn't right as you could feel them lose grip as they cooled again. Track was dry after that so it was back to slicks....

Dave - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 6:21 AM

He's using the new frame if I'm not mistaken which would point to a set-up issue (if the tyres are in fact OK).

Not often, but I do agree with 99 here, and it goes to show just how fine a line between a good day and a bad day at the office.

AUS - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 6:47 AM

@99
I agree with you about JLO in Sundays race I think also it was a set up problem,but I posted on another page on here I think Yam have a bigger problem its fuel delivery,and I think honda have woke up to it if you notice how JLO tries to get away at the front (not sunday) and control the race and his fuel but honda dont let him go they are at full bore when the hammer drops so JLO and rossi have to race full on and half way through the race they have to back it down while the 2 hondas disappear in front have a look at how quick Marq caught JLO at Jarez and rossi ran out of fuel on the warm down lap I think the Yam has a fuel delivery problem and if not fixed quick its a 2 horse race between the hondas.

Dave - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 6:47 AM

"What does that say about Rossi on the Ducati? I guess that's different though right?"

@CRT,

Not sure what rossi or ducati have to do with this thread?

If your suggesting rossi is a bad craftsman cuz he blamed the ducati then what about stoner blaming the added weight and different tyre specs for 2012??

AUS - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 7:07 AM

@Dave
Mate you have to let the stoner thing go I know he is in your head everyday but mate he has retired and having a great time with his lovely wife and child and has a bit of fun every month or so driving a V8 around some goat tracks here in Aus,so mate let it go because its no good for your health if you let something like that be in your head every day,because now everybody is just baiting you so they can have a laugh.

LanceTheHooliganAlbon

May 22, 2013 10:09 AM

We need more than one tyre manufacturer so that those tyre manufacturers are kept on their toes regarding tyre development. Having only ONE tyre manufacturer does not instil development with that manufacturer who now just coasts along in his "gravy boat"! Open this up to at least 3 tyre manufacturers!! :?

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 2:36 PM

Guys,lets not get into yet another Rossi/Stoner fight!
We have had enough of that now.

AUS,yes mate,i have noticed that the Yamahas have ,or appear to have a fuel issue.If Honda have taken advantage of that,then all power to them.Yamaha need to sort it out and fast.I think Neil Spalding touched on it after the Qatar race when Rossi ran out of gas on the run down lap.Crutchlow stated in an interview after Qatar that he had to alter the fuel mapping on his bike in order to avoid running dry before the race ended,but a miscalculation was made and he finished with over a litre of fuel still left in the tank,which is quite a lot apparently!Makes you wonder if Yamaha are a little worried about getting their bikes to finish the races without running out of fuel and are therefore leaning them out a little bit too much and robbing the engine of power when it is most needed.Fueling shouldnt have been an issue at LeMans though as the race was wet and therefore full power would not have been nee

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »