MotoGP » Bridgestone: Lorenzo’s tyre not to blame

"I examined the tyre myself and personally discussed the matter with the Yamaha engineers and we all agreed that Jorge's lack of rear grip was not attributable to his tyre" - Shinji Aoki, Bridgestone.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Avior - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 3:34 PM

He may have been slow, but he didnt crash like his try hard team mate and never made any could 've, should've would've comments like his try hard team mate so all good

Vicarious Racer - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 5:57 PM

Of course it's a confidence issue. If Jorge felt the rear tyre wasn't doing it's job what was he supposed to do, throw caution to the wind (and rain). I'm very sure Mr Yamaha would have been pleased to see both of his bikes thrown up the road. I think he did a reasonable job under the circumstances, it's not over till it's over.
Keep calm, carry on!!

Marc - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 9:40 PM

I'm no Lorenzo fan and he's probably pointing the finger to the tires but it's only one race and a wet one at that. I don't buy into the pressure theory. HIs lack of dominance is due to Honda's great bike and very good talent in Dani and Marquez.

Marc - Unregistered

May 22, 2013 9:57 PM

No doubt Lorenzo will bounce back. In terms of Rossi it was good he pushed but bad he crashed. He seemed to have pace to possibly be on the podium or at least 4th place. But an error on his part landed him at 12th where he finished and he should have been more careful to avoid it.

AUS - Unregistered

May 23, 2013 4:42 AM

@99
Good point there mate about not needing full power in the wet,but the thing that I noticed was how quick rossi caught the front runners and then dropped right of,and when Crutchlow caught him up he passed him fairly easy and then bolted away,you may be right the Yam boys are a bit to concerned about the fuel issue,but the thing that I notice is when the flag drops the honda boys are flat chat and the Yams stay with them for 9 or 10 laps and then drop right off,it looks like a fuel issue to me and if it is I hope they fix it quick or like I said it will be a 2 horse race with the hondas

HRC - Unregistered

May 23, 2013 6:18 AM

He'll bounce back, but those hondas are gonna eat him for the rest of the season. Dani is happy and Marc is also, so sorry buddy, this year is Honda year.

He stuffed up the settings, being over confident as usual.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6