MotoGP » Mugello: Podium target at least for Rossi

'I am very happy that we go to Mugello. I love this track and I'm really happy to go back there with Yamaha' - Valentino Rossi

Goo.. Rossi.. - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 5:35 AM

to whom always have negative comment for him.. try to be 34 y.o, against younger armadas, losing his best friend on track, and a lot of pressure from everywhere. Do you still have the desire, the passion, the racing love, the fun.. like him ???
Just watch when Jorge, Dani, Marc reach 29-30 y.o..

Go.. Vale .. go racing as much as you love.. and have fun

AUS - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 8:05 AM

I have followed GP racing for over 50 yrs and I respect every rider on the grid from first to last and that is something roosi fans have never done,and I dont think ever will.

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Inappropriate comments removed. Try staying on topic.

herewego - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 8:26 AM

AUS, I think it is more to do with the fact that Valentino Rossi has won more championships and achieved things most riders there can only ever dream about!! To have 9 world titles along with all the other things Valentino has to his name does warrant something and if it is not respect then I don't know what it would be! You cannot possible put the likes of Jorge Lorenzo, Casey Stoner or anybody else over the last 10-12 years in the same catagory as Valentino Rossi, so it is obviously this that really riles all the Rossi fans - he is something special, he is something different, he does warrant serious respect not only for his great achievments, but for everything he brings to MotoGP. Also, you will find there are certain people who say terrible things just to wind others up - they need to ignored and they tend to go away!!

herewego - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 8:30 AM

I am a big Valentino Rossi fan and have been since he started. I actually couldn't care less if he never wins another race as to me he will always be the G.O.A.T purely because of everything he has done, the humour, the eccentricity, the flamboyance, the sheer genius of the man and everything he brings with him.A true fan worships his hero through thick and thin, ups and downs and stays with him for ever. Long live The Doctor!!!

AUS - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 9:02 AM

@herewego
Thats great that you are a rossi fan,I am not a rossi fan but I respect him I was a stoner fan and a Doohan fan and before that a Sheen fan and before that a fan of the greatest rider in the history of GP Mr M Hailwood nobody else even close,but for the person that done more for GP than anybody else its B Sheen by a mile he brought more followers to GP than any other rider including rossi,but more that that he brought a huge female following to the sport like no other rider,and every rider on the grid today would not get the pay or ride with the safety they have if it was not for Sheen.so yes its great that you are a rossi fan but I have to tell you GP was booming before rossi came on the scene and it will be the same when he is gone and I hope when he is gone you will be a strong follower of our great sport ,I know when Hailwood retired I thought I would never follow GP again but I love it as much today as I did 50 yrs ago,but god I still miss Hailwood after all those yrs.

Codger

May 30, 2013 9:12 AM

@AUS...I could have written your post, word for word. Were we separated at birth?

All this comparison is pointless, it's like comparing Apples with Oranges. Both taste good, totally different though.

I have a few riders that are 'GOATS' in my mind, for different reasons.

Agostini, Read, Pasolini, Lawson etc. etc. I'm sure you have good memories of them too.

DB8

May 30, 2013 9:17 AM

@ Westminister - Vale has beaten Marquez as many times as Lorenzo has. They're all struggling with this kid. And the championship is betetter for it. He's a fecking little legend in the making!

danielkuchnia - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 10:02 AM

9 WCH crap. Come on guys. What count as rivality.
You are wrong Vale ist best ever. He has 9 WCH, thats true, but it doesn mean he is the best - only on paper. Do you expect, since Jorge, Dani, Casey, now Marquez, Cal etc. - it is possoible to take such a number a WCH home. Sorry, you have 0 idea about racing.
You know, you can take back the WCH from Vale 2003, 2004, 2005, even 2008, because, if you have an idea, you know it. I didnt say he didnt deserve the titles, but it comes without Vales racecraft. Since 2006 Vale was nearly equal to Jorge, Dani, but noting had with CS performance. Casey couldnt win 2008, thats sure, you cant win a WCH if you loose the front 10 times per lap.
I wish Vale shows a good performace, but I thgink, Cal deserved more factory support as Vale have.

AUS - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 10:46 AM

@Codger
Yea mate they were great days,and great rides,I know you like me and "samas" we go back a long way and while not taking anything away from todays riders,can you imagine some of the riders you mentioned being on todays machinery they would be out of sight after 3 or 4 laps and they were not pampered like today,anyway thats enough for now,but what great memories
P.S There was a programme on here in Sydney last week about former riders and there was quite a bit on it about Hailwood it brought a tear to the eye what a legend.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »