MotoGP » Mugello: Podium target at least for Rossi

'I am very happy that we go to Mugello. I love this track and I'm really happy to go back there with Yamaha' - Valentino Rossi

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Marc - Unregistered

May 28, 2013 4:36 PM

I'm a Rossi fan but the last race crash he had was due to pressure on himself to do well. Someone mentioned focus and to some degree that's right. As you're focusing so hard on getting the result you push yourself to make a mistake as he did. And while the Yamaha isn't the weapon the Honda is, that said, Rossi needs to improve his style to be more competitive. But a win or at least a podium will be good for his confidence.

Mugello - Unregistered

May 28, 2013 4:36 PM

@DB8
Yes I agree, that's what it looked like, he was trying too hard to close the line on Hayden, maybe you'reright he should have let him through.... hard to say if it was a mistake or just bad luck. Anyway we'll see on Sunday. I don't expect him to win but I really hope he gets on the podium.

Marc - Unregistered

May 28, 2013 4:40 PM

DB8 good points and assessment of Rossi in the last race. But the main point is that he was competitive and pushing before the crash. While if he didn't crash he may have been 3rd or 4th. He's got to put it behind him and focus on getting a good starting point and being consistant without any more mistakes during the race.

Marc - Unregistered

May 28, 2013 4:48 PM

Mugello I agree I don't think it was the pressure from Hayden but more pressure on himself. He was pushing hard to make up time he lost to the guys in front and forgot to remember the bumps in the turn that caught him out. If he can string some decent results together I think he'll build his confidence and become more competitive. But as other mentioned he needs to beat Jlo first then worry about the Hondas.

DB8

May 28, 2013 4:49 PM

Marc / Mugello, agreed, he isn't a million miles off the pace, which is good enough for now. Not spectacular like I'd hoped, but good enough. He just needs to get his eye in a bit more and sharpen up slightly. If he's fighting for the win, or at least on a solid podium in Mugello, it'll be good for him, and a great result

Grendlehop

May 28, 2013 4:58 PM

It's tiresome having to read though a lot of the negative comments towards the very person who ushered in the modern 4-stroke era of GP. When I first heard of him, he was this guy my buddy hated, simply because he was winning all the time. I kinda wanted his seemingly endless streak to whither myself early on, but then I saw and felt the effect he has on the crowd the way he battles. The way he seemed to enjoy riding in close quarters, pressuring from 2nd until the last lap/corner to make the move. I truly believe he's still as capable of pulling podiums, but he's been on a roller coaster ride for the past few years and is only becoming older/wiser, and that's something that will happen to us all.

matt - Unregistered

May 28, 2013 5:04 PM

Julius. Just lol. What a load of ****e u just came out with there. Thats like saying if u cant win on a horse against a bike then ur crap. Lol geez were do these guys come from.

Grendlehop

May 28, 2013 5:11 PM

The M1 being a little down on power doesn't help. Dani continuing on with his form from last season's end doesn't help. Marc DEFINITELY doesn't help with his being a prodigy. Plus, Jorge is the team's #1, but that probably doesn't negatively affect Vale's machinery. I'm not ignorant, with wins looking hard to come by, but maybe 9 isn't such a bad number. Been a fan for the last 7 and I'll be watching as long as he willing to provide exciting battles, wherever they're happening.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »