MotoGP » Mugello: Dovizioso excited by home challenge

'Mugello is always a good circuit for me, and having the support of Ducati and its fans should help us to have a good weekend' - Andrea Dovizioso

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Codger

May 29, 2013 11:12 AM

Dovi has a cool head. He'll give his all but won't do anything silly. He rarely crashes whatever he is on.
The track will probably suit the fast corner speed of Jorge, Marquez, and Cal....maybe not Rossi's late braking style.
Dovi and Nicky may do OK in Qually, not so good in the race.
Just my thoughts.

Codger

May 29, 2013 12:45 PM

@ JG....You are right of course, but not on this bike.

The bike has been moulded round Jorge and, at Rossi's own admission, he still hasn't adapted to it. If he continues like this at Mugello then the fast corner speed guys will be long gone. My point is that this track requires high corner speed AND braking ability.

Codger

May 29, 2013 12:55 PM

It would be good to see Dovi on the podium, it would also be good if the 'lab' bike proved to be a big improvement on the current bike. The trouble for me is that it would mean Pirro finishing higher than Dovi. Oh well I can always hope it will be an all Ducati podium. Or maybe I'm dreaming.

kodger - Unregistered

May 29, 2013 1:55 PM

well codger, pirro is definitely not a better rider than dovi, so even if the lab bike was a little better, he still wouldn't finish higher than dovi on it. We won't really know how good the lab bike is until dovi and hayden get another crack at it.

jambop - Unregistered

May 29, 2013 2:06 PM

You know I have read nothing but how much better Dovi is riding the Ducati than Rossi did sorry the results just do not reflect this.
What has really impressed me about Dovi riding the Ducati is his qualifying pace and the fact that he has not fallen off it yet. I know it's only been four races but I think that has been a great accolade for him. When it comes to the actual racing the bike I think his performances have been poor when compared to the qualifying. This is actually highlighted by his finishing position and time compared to Hayden who has pushed him home in every race so far who has nothing like the qualifying pace but when it comes to race day has almost the same race pace. I predict more of the same this weekend although to be fair Hayden did really at Mugello well last year. Dovi will quali well but race backwards again.

some1 - Unregistered

May 29, 2013 4:24 PM

Rossi had never win at Mugello since 2009. Dovi continuously on podium at Mugello since 2010. I guess, it will be a 4 way battle between Crutchlow, Dovi, Lorenzo and Rossi for a last podium.

While 1st and 2nd spots will be reserved for Pedrosa and Marquez to repeat the Texas battle.

1 2 3 4  »