MotoGP » Mugello: Dovizioso excited by home challenge

'Mugello is always a good circuit for me, and having the support of Ducati and its fans should help us to have a good weekend' - Andrea Dovizioso

ice cool man - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 8:49 AM

@
JG - Unregistered
May 29, 2013 12:14 PM

"How can you say it wont suit Rossi's style, he won there 7 times in a row. "
--------------------------------
the past is the past. Don't mention it. It's a new era. Let the past be the past.

Codger

May 30, 2013 8:59 AM

@Dacron, no, certainly not a myth, but not a true yardstick either. Take away the TT and the 350cc class results and it drops him down the list. Also if the grid was made up of single cylinder bikes and any of the modern riders were the only one on a Works 4 cylinder the stats would be unrecognizable.
It all depends on viewpoint and maybe Colin should never have introduced the term 'goat' anyway. :)

@timk.....It's more likely the Engine mounting points that are the issue, not the frame and not the L configuration. It's interesting that the new Audi speedup still can't address the front end running wide issue until September!
Stoner voiced the problem in 2007 and the problem is still there at the end of 2013.....!

Pero - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 9:45 AM

Has anyone checked the weather forecast? It's looking like another wet race on Sunday... Anything could happen again.If it's raining I'd expect the ducati's will do better at Mugello than at le mans. Chance for a podium, maybe a win? That would be something.

Nick636

May 30, 2013 10:13 AM

@ all

I believe what Audi are doing (As Dovi himself has said the bike will NOT be a quick fix) is to avoid the shambles which was the Rossi era where they pumped out rapid rounds of changes and updates without properly assessing what works and what doesn't. I believe they are taking a much more levelled approach.

Ivor Bueb - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 11:00 AM

@ timk

Yes the Honda is also a 90 degree V now.

But Ducati's engine is bigger and heavier and so allows much less adjustment to the centre of gravity. That is why I used the word unwieldy.

JAS - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 11:34 AM

Sorry guy's Slightly of Issue
But........
In my humble opinion
Mike Hailwood was The GOAT.

p.s. Dovi has a Very Good Chance of 4th place
on Sunday.

jambop - Unregistered

May 30, 2013 1:34 PM

I think there is a very good chance of a Ducati podium on Sunday. Rossi and Hayden have both done well here in previous years and I think that the bike has improved a little since last yea.r Dovi is qualifying it really well so who knows he did well with the yamaha.

AUS - Unregistered

May 31, 2013 5:41 AM

@JAS
Yes I agree with you Mike the Bike there will never be another not even close.

I think Dovi is doing ok on the Duc he is not getting carried away just steady progress I think by next year they could be close, definately to Yam but honda I doubt it.

« 1 2 3 4  »