MotoGP » Mugello: Rossi without a tow, third row

“As always in the qualifying we suffer more than the others. They use the slipstream and are able to go a bit faster than me” – Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

dee - Unregistered

June 01, 2013 7:32 PM

@kiwibob ,it wasnt funny when Vale was beating Dani and JL,then of co**** it was only because Vale was getting special this special that right.I will take Ben Spies word over yours any day,but then again kiwibob and the rest of the moto gp no it alls no more about the goings on in a team the a Motogp rider.lmao

prof-x - Unregistered

June 01, 2013 7:40 PM

Vale getting 4th in the race is good. Vale getting 3rd is even better, Vale getting 2nd or 1st is exception considering the bike hes on and who its engineered for.

Get rid of traction control and control tires and Vale would probably be a fair bit stronger, but unfortunately with control this and control that, Motogp becomes much more predictable and more limiting about the opportunities of others as the SCOPE of possibilities and permutations/combinations reduces and the engineers have less to work with in terms of opportunity.

RSMick

June 01, 2013 8:09 PM

I cannot understand what most of you say on here.
Get rid of TC and Rossi like all of thems fuel will not last the race and probably be launched into space.
Funny when Lorenzo won on a winning bike that Rossi supposidly developed, he only won because of Rossi's skills.
Now Rossi cannot win on a winning bike that Lorenzo devoloped, the bike isn't built for him.

Ich - Unregistered

June 01, 2013 8:12 PM

Rossi said:

"I've never sleapstremead anyone in my career. I wouldn't be ashamed of doing it, but other riders slow down when they see me. But if they won't realize, I'd gladly get tow :)".

prof-x - Unregistered

June 01, 2013 8:25 PM

lolz RSMick.

You dont need Traction Control, only good maps, and a warning light to let the pilots know they are running to hard on fuel.

As for being launched in to space, not hardly, traction control is not about safety, its about optimizing/managing the speed/acceleration of the rear wheel in order to achieve more effective grip.

Traction Control is about SPEED, its not about safety, and no consumer would want 'TC' on their own bikes as it is implemented in racing bikes. The clutch/throttle/brakes etc are the safety mechanisms, not TC.

btw, Lorenzo beat Rossi in his first race in the top class, Lorenzo has always been better than Rossi, now he has a bike/electronics that suites his philosophy, not Rossi's.

bozgp - Unregistered

June 01, 2013 8:43 PM

That's right, he did win one on a two stroke. And I don't think that Barros, Capirossi, or Sete were as much of competition as Lorenzo and Stoner. Biaggi was certainly talented, but was way too stubborn to adapt and win. I thought Barros and Capirossi were great riders, but no one had matching equipment with respect to Rossi until Lorenzo. Your hero had more advantages than anyone since he entered motogp.

Enigmatic

June 01, 2013 8:46 PM

I think some of us needs to stop stating the obvious. Rossi does not have the pace of jl, pedro etc. We know and its a stale news.

He's missing something somewhere and I do really hope he finds it. Give or take I'll wait till after the race before I comment about any rider.

Truth is some riders are predictable, as to where they'll end up after the race while some we can't predict.

Its a long race mates