MotoGP » Mugello MotoGP: Rossi, Bautista clash declared 'racing incident'

“The Race Direction has reviewed the incident and held a hearing with both riders where all available evidence was reviewed”

jambop - Unregistered

June 02, 2013 4:58 PM

It was a racing incident BUT Bautista was 100% at fault there is no doubt about that, however as Vale would say "that's racing"! Now to the real point I would love to see Vale doing better but to get there he must improve his qualifying! He had the second best race pace of any rider out here today and that is a fact look at the time FP sheets for the stats. Even if it had not happened it would have taken him quite a few laps to have got onto the back of the front three and he would never have caught JLo, the others definitely there's no doubt at all. On to Catalunya now another great track and should be a good race if AB keeps his brain engauged :)

bri t

June 02, 2013 5:03 PM

Pity for Rossi. I am not a frequent reader of threads here but are Vale fans losing faith? I'm no fan, but I think there is still time to turn this year around. Why lose faith when this crash wasn't even his doing?

Saw the post race interview. Can't say he has lost his flame. He just looked subdued and down beat. As expected really.

Amok - Unregistered

June 02, 2013 5:06 PM

Bautista is a paid mercenary of Honda to torpedo factory Yamahas. Got their moneys worth again today. No chance of Rossi taking points from the Honda duo this way. Bravo

InSpeedWeTrust

June 02, 2013 5:10 PM

Pretty sure Rossi went by the outside just at the enter of (left) turn 2, Bautista didn't see him coming when he was full angle at the apex.

I understand Rossi fans are disappointed but it's tough to blame Bautista for that, it's clearly a racing incident.

Truth is Rossi was trying hard to make up for his poor start and qualifying. Man must qualify better.

whatever - Unregistered

June 02, 2013 5:13 PM

T - Unregistered
June 02, 2013 4:38 PM
Bautista should have been
aware, that in the 1st lap in the
2-3rd corner, riders still go side-
by-side, so he can't go full
speed, like no one else was
there.
He has done it to Rossi for the
second time in 21 months. He
has 3 first lap collisions in that
span, if not more. And I
remember, I thought in 2011,
that he did it "again".
About Rossi's pace, he is at times
as fast as the others, like Qatar,
some tests, some practices... That
makes me think he still could
win. Who is incompetent though
is JB.. Rossi getting worse from
Friday to Saturday or not
improving more than 0.3 makes
me think, JB is incapable of
finding a setup.
4 agree
3 disagree

wow..wow..wait! now you doubt the man who contributed alot to usher the Mike Doohan and Rossi to the top of their steps? why not think that it might be the setup he figures out is still not good enough for slightly slower a rider!

Liam48 - Unregistered

June 02, 2013 5:21 PM

This is why Rossi needs to sort out his qualifying!

I'm starting to think having 79 premier class wins the same as the year he was born (1979) and 46 wins on a Yamaha (his racing number) are playing a curse on him.

Amie R1sp - Unregistered

June 02, 2013 5:23 PM

"I hurt to sit, hand and foot - Rossi said - as it has been for the accident I was lucky, managing to throw me off the bike before hitting the air fence. Maybe Bautista did not see me, but I was in front and I took in full.'s a racing incident . Unfortunately I was delayed leaving the clutch and I lost some positions. Too bad because we had a good pace and I could have a good race. "

will - Unregistered

June 02, 2013 6:06 PM

in my opinion it's a massive shame for Rossi, as he definitely would of got on the podium. But, the incident was about 70-80% bautista's fault, he rode straight into Rossi and that's clear. But it was a racing incident so, it's just bad luck. I tihnk Dorna needs to address the 'towing' in Q2 as it's ridiculous having 5/6 bikes slipstreaming each other to get a good time! Dovi qualified 3rd, Rossi 7th and only 2 tenths separated them. Whereas, Rossi in 7th, bautista in 9th were seperated by half a second. Rossi needs to be at least second row otherwise things like this happen, unfortunately! He'll get stronger and stronger, there's life in the old dog yet !!! :)

VF - Unregistered

June 02, 2013 6:47 PM

"Racing incident"mention seems to content race direction,a way to say close the ban.
I think if motogp race direction treat this incident like this it is very dangerous for the future,cause it was not an incident.bautista was clearly behind Rossi and wanted to pass where no one can pass,so he hit Rossi .he made it last year with jl and couple of time in other races.
Bautista will be there for the next race with no blame from race direction which won't refrain him having such dangerous and uncalculated ride.bautista is dangerous for the other riders and for him.no matter where you are front,mid,or back pack you must not have such kind of inconsiderate ,high risk behaviour.race direction doesn't help pilot safety by this way.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »