MotoGP » Rossi: Bautista 'closed the line, but I was in front'

“Bautista opened the throttle to close the line, but I was already in front” – Valentino Rossi.

terence - Unregistered

June 03, 2013 2:01 PM

@ jimbo.
I was aeare of shoulder but not that hed done it in a motocross incident, however he did his shoulder but hadnt broken a major bone ie leg etc till then, many riders although still great and rossi dont mentaly recove and the draw to the back of the pack sets in.
In fact yesterday parish said he saw data that showed rossi was slower at the exact same point on the track he broke his leg. It isnt ususly body damage that slows a rider, more mental issues that go along with it.
I love rossi and always have but lorenzo was the new kid and would have been for longer if marchez hadnt arived.

DesyBoy

June 03, 2013 2:29 PM

"GOAT"
I don't think you could go past Agostini!!!!!!, at least he had the NUTS!!!!! to do Isle of Man TT and done well
too risky for the Glam Boys, well that's wot oye fink!!, anyhow -) :-)

Jimbo79 - Unregistered

June 03, 2013 2:59 PM

@ Terence, however Rossi's shoulder issue hampered the part of his style that gains him a lot of time and overtakes which is his braking.. as he couldnt push properly on the handlebars hard during heavy braking. This did affect him throughout 2010.

Codger

June 03, 2013 3:09 PM

@ Terence....good post.

"Lorenzo days are numbered, dany will always be there but wont title win, crutchlow will pick up pieces only, marchez will be champ time and time again, we'll see."

That's as I see it too.

My only hope is that they get the Ducati sorted and Dovi proves us both wrong.

Marc - Unregistered

June 03, 2013 3:57 PM

Without a doubt it was Bautista's fault for knocking Rossi out of the race and he should be penalized if not suspended for his stup-idity. Rossi does need to qualify better and get better starts if he wants to compete and avoid *****s like Bautista.

Alle - Unregistered

June 03, 2013 5:29 PM

Big Rossi fan but I think his days are over. there is no way in hell that he has a shot in the championship this year. The only thing that he needs to focus on now is staying ahead and beating his teammate to look good for himself. Next year if ass does not stay ahead of his teammate he is gone. Don't know where because Honda has two fast guys at the moment and he won't go back to Ducati because he can ride that bike. it will be very Interesting to see what happens nxt year.

terence - Unregistered

June 03, 2013 5:32 PM

I do understand the shoulder injury but as you say that was 2010, its 2013 now. You cant blame an injury for that long.

Id love to have seen rossi on a duke in italy, for me that would be the best icing on the cake, it was an event my wife and i wanted to travel too to be there and that probably would have been enough for me but it will now never happen.

Rossi was great and probly still is but other people come along, and you cant stay at the top for ever. the trick is getting out at the top but we all think we can still do it.

Reality is you cant see the woods for the trees untill yrs later then suddenly you look back and rossi will see when he should have retired.

I feel for baty but racing is racing and we only winging about it coswe all want rossi to come back.

Reminds me if the poor fella that foggi managed to end his career. was never going to b foggis fault, always the other rider and rossi v baty is no different.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »