MotoGP » Mugello MotoGP: Lorenzo sorry for 'risky' turn one move

“I was too aggressive to be honest. I almost touched Dani and it was a risky movement” – Jorge Lorenzo.

Bollox - Unregistered

June 05, 2013 7:23 AM

There is a lot of muppets on crash forum and crash editors are just as bad putting naff stories, come on guys and get a grip and stop be so bitter!

Not good at all!

herewego - Unregistered

June 05, 2013 8:02 AM

A bit odd this! It isn't like Lorenzo to say he has been over aggressive as he is always complaining about others doing the very same thing! To me, it is all getting a bit too "politically correct" and we will see bikes with contact sensors on them which give off warning signals when another bike gets a bit too close! This is top class racing, there is bound to be aggression, close contact and some pushing and shoving at some points, but for crying out loud, is this not what it is all about? They will have seperate racing lanes next to keep everyone away from each other!!! It is getting a bit silly if after a race a rider has to start apologising for something that might have happened - just get on with it and race!!

Remembering - Unregistered

June 05, 2013 9:46 AM

"This is top class racing, there is bound to be aggression, close contact and some pushing and shoving at some points, but for crying out loud, is this not what it is all about? "

Is it? Show me a 500cc Duel that was "pushing and shoving". Not even Schwantz and Rainey would do that, so unless you think capirossi on harada, or rossi on gibernau were fair, i don't see how the top class racing is that.

sokudo - Unregistered

June 05, 2013 10:56 AM

Very sportsman-like of Jorge there. You can tell the immense respect he has for Dani that he'd apologise, especially when he didn't do anything wrong. Aggressive? Yes. But imo that was a firm but fair challenge which may have won him the race. Not heard Pedrosa complain about it either so no harm no foul there really.

Yes Yes Yes Leave Me Alone

June 05, 2013 12:10 PM

Nothing to apologise for really, more mind-games from Jorge I think...

The lack of battles is becoming boring though I have to say, I used to look forward to MotoGP races a lot but now F1 holds more interest for me.

I think the rules could do with some tinkering (see F1 and BSB for places where they weren't afraid to mix things up and it's really helped the 'show').

R6Ryder

June 07, 2013 9:55 PM

What is MotoGP coming to when every overtake is followed by a statement and apology? It's bad enough that the top guys don't pass each other all that much and now guys feel the need to apologise about it . Sure it was a hard pass. It's racing!! Not a track day. I liked it better when dani and Jorge hated each other . Makes for more intense racing.

R6Ryder

June 08, 2013 1:23 AM

I wish the races weren't won or lost in the first corner. Too often the rider who leads the first lap wins the race and for this reason guys are jostling hard in the first few corners. Of course its not always the case. You don't see that as often in WSBk, AMA , Moto2 etc. maybe the riders in GP are so good that they rarely make mistakes. I guess I wish the tires had a bigger drop so guys couldn't ride the identicl lap all race long. Actually having to change lines, brake markers, etc would make for a little more excitement. I think.. But it's a safety thing so the tires won't change in a negative way in terms of performance

« 1 2 3 4 5