MotoGP » Pedrosa: Marquez improved after he copied our settings

Dani Pedrosa feels his set-up data helped Repsol Honda team-mate Marc Marquez get up to speed for race day at Mugello.

shamarone

June 07, 2013 12:50 PM

re: "Marquez's race day competitiveness was helped by access to his set-up data.

re: "His team were given all the information that we gathered on Saturday to improve traction"

translation: "dani's data" doesn't belong to dani any more than marquez's data belongs to marquez. it belongs to whoever's footing the bill. see entry for honda, see entry for repsol. they (the team) are free to use it however they like.

Codger

June 07, 2013 1:22 PM

Well done Crash. Now I hope some of the Guys that have stopped posting will return.

Now can you do something about having to wait for a video that I will never watch to load?
Can you do something about the constant 'popups' that seem to have a life of their own? I never read them anyway so what is the point of them? I am sure that I'm not alone in this.

Codger

June 07, 2013 1:28 PM

@ Shamarone...Under this new regime you are the first one to get censored :)
Note to Crash. I didn't get to read his post before the edit so I may be speaking out of turn, but please, leave some of the banter in. We don't want to get too serious.

NOTE by CRASH.NET! Objectionable posts and abuse of others will be removed as before.

Garcia

June 07, 2013 3:39 PM

This may be a bit off topic, or maybe not. Regarding Marquez's crash in Mugello, most people (me included ) got the impression that he crashed because he was pushing too hard trying to gap Pedrosa, went over the limit and lost it. I read his blog and he gives a totally different explanation for the crash, I think it's interesting! :

"I started well and I held back a bit and stayed in third position for quite a few laps. When I felt good enough to go faster I decided to get past Dani. The fact that I fell in the race because I was going slower may sound strange, but that is exactly what happened! I wanted to make sure I finished without any more problems so I dropped the pace a little, and then I fell with just a few laps remaining, I was really annoyed with myself for not taking any points...."

herewego

June 07, 2013 4:38 PM

Getting your elbow down is nothing new! It might look awesome from a tiddler like Marquez, but even Scott Redding has been doing it for years - yes I know he is massive and probably can't avoid touching the track with his elbows, but it is a style that others can do, it is not just Marquez.

Enigmatic

June 07, 2013 7:35 PM

I really don't think pedrosa is moaning . The guy does not mean any harm by explaining how marc got so fast and marc still needs more experience to win the championship

Consistency is the key . Be it third or 4th just make sure u get the bike home.

Btwn to say that pedrosa won't be a champ this year is of slim chances. The guy is really showing the attitude and he has the bad-ass machine already.

Marc hangs of the bike so well its just a lil different from that of stoner.

bri t

June 07, 2013 9:06 PM

Humm. Was this said as a simple for the record comment or has it some malice? The answer to that will transform Dani's comment from the insignificant to the significant and that all is not well in Factory Honda Land.

Has Dani noticed MM will often sit behind a rider and learn racing lines from them too?

Claes

June 07, 2013 11:40 PM

Hi
This is why Danni is worried, his teammate is faster than him on the exact same bike, and we all know what he can do when he is setting up the bike for himself, Texas Danni was left for dead, offcourse the team should help eachother the guy had very little practice due to crashes, in the end Honda and Repsol want a Honda Repsol to cover the podium as much as possible. Winches only winch when they know they will or are loosing:)
Cheers Claes