MotoGP » PIC: Max Biaggi rides Pramac Ducati

V4Poweeeer

June 07, 2013 11:25 AM

Sorry guys what I meant to say was Rossi adopted a turd of a bike and turned (developed) it in to the greatest handling GP machine of all time also he is the GOAT. Presently he is being sabotaged by Lin Jarvis and his favoritism of Jorge.
If this travesty of Yamaha favouring Jorge over Rossi would end he would be a 10 time world champion at the end of the year.
Lol jokes thats what yous would want me to say

@rusjel1 I dont think your referring to my comment but if you are your saying my recollection of Max riding well handling bike with an ****ty engine and Rossi riding a good bike with a smoother crossplane crank is selective history. More like taking the key points in the M1's development at the time.

voiceofreason2013

June 07, 2013 1:09 PM

Honestly if I hear one more "bring stoner back" quote I'm going to scream! He's gone...get over it and if he wants to come back I'm sure it won't be because of all these comments on here!

Who cares that Biaggi is testing the bike, He's retired from professional racing, he has numerous connections, years of experience why not have a bash at the Desmosedici? I'm sure he'll have fun out there at Mugello and maybe provide some feedback they can use. If not they have lost nothing.

Apparently it took him some time to get up to speed but the photos he looks pretty comfy to me!

Codger

June 07, 2013 1:42 PM

Who knows why Max has been given a ride. Before the first race Ducati were saying how good it was to start the season with 4 identical bikes and to have 4 different riders providing feedback. They purposely held back on new parts until they decided what direction was needed. Now they have Pirro's feedback and still want Biaggi's.

There is absolutely no reason to stick Casey on it, after all what could he say that he didn't say years ago. They didn't listen then anyway.

Besides, my guess is that he would say that it was easier to ride to it's limits (all the riders have similar times on it within a small range) but the limit is still there.

Rusjel1

June 07, 2013 1:42 PM

Sorry VPower you still have it wrong. Fusuwara and his team took all the lessons they'd learned and put them into the 2004 bike before Rossi was on board. What Rossi and Burgess contributed was a systematic set up routine instead of the 'adjustable everything' the bike had when Biaggi was on it. Ironically their strength at Yamaha was the very thing they failed to do at Ducati, panicing and trying too much at once. Lyn Jarvis favouring Jorge? Oh dear, you've got it bad haven't you?

IvorBueb

June 07, 2013 1:48 PM

Max seems like an obvious choice.

He is a mega experienced rider with bags of speed and he has worked with Pramac before.

Aprillia seem to think he is a good development rider.

Though I doubt he will be able to tell Ducati anything they haven't been told before ie- it's a pig and there is no feel from the front end.

V4Poweeeer

June 07, 2013 2:02 PM

@rusjel1 fair point I was just throwing a bit of bait out there and I can see this ai t turning into the usual Rossi/Stoner handbag fight.
The thing with Rossi is that he is a top level rider and still is the biggest difference has been the people hes surrounded himself with as you said him and Burgess worked on the set up of the bike not necessarily the overall development Burgess while exceptional at what he does at the end of the day hes not engineer back at
yamaha r&d coming up with new innovations hes the guy who interprets what the rider is saying and conveys that
info to the r&d engineers and gives his rider the best setup possible.
Rossi has had a habit of being in the right place at the right time I feel and his move to Yamaha showed this.
However I am always doubtful about yamaha cause there always seems to be a large disparity in the performance of their factory riders not everything is as rosy as it seems at yamaha factory racing.

Codger

June 07, 2013 2:25 PM

@ V4Poweeer

".......hes the guy who interprets what the rider is saying and conveys that info to the r&d engineers....."

Rossi complained that JB's input often didn't get passed up the chain. The bike won't improve until they learn that lesson. Even then they are far behind on development compared to Yam and Honda.
With Ducati's engine performance, which I read was turned down so as not to push the front end, they should be fighting for the podium at every track. Roll on that time coming.

A 1

June 07, 2013 2:34 PM

@Vpower, I think you will find that Yamaha finally listend to Biaggi AND Koccinski as to where the problem with the M1's frame was at end of 2003. That's why some believe that Vale was the greatest thing to hit the track that year. All Vale did was tell Yamaha which of the (I believe the choice was 6!) engine configs to run with.

I'm not damning Vale either for his achievements either!!

Max IS ONE OF THE GREAT development guys. Aprilia know this. They will take his input and listen. They have very few reigning champs who under contract COULDN'T ride another weapon or have experience of this level of racing. It's win, win all round for Biaggi and Ducati.

« 1 2 3 4  »