MotoGP » Casey Stoner receives Queen's Birthday Honour

OnceWaz

June 11, 2013 3:31 PM

Thanks herewego, despite your efforts to discredit the bloke, I agree that only Marquez can come close to providing the excitement that Stoner did throughout his career, he certainly stood head and shoulders above the rest. Whether or not MM could do it for as long and as safely as the aussie did on sub-par equipment and still manage to win a few, is another matter eh.

AussieNSW

June 12, 2013 5:11 AM

@Ausrosi
I have followed a lot of sports in my life and GP one of them and I must confess I have never encountered such bitterness and hatred towards a sportsman as yours and "realDave' and the reason because stoner blew the rossi myth out of the water in 2007 and you guys still hate him,the same with JLO he blew it in 2009/10 and he is still hated by the rossi fans,but the thing that baffles me about guys like you is you say you are an Aussi (which I dont belive) and a young Aussi goes round the world flying the flag gets a reward for it and your bitterness and hatred is so strong you cant even recognize that,my advise to you is grow half a brain and grow up you are a disgrace to the great sport of GP racing.

AussieNSW

June 12, 2013 5:27 AM

@OnceWaz
God post mate and I do agree with you MM is the closest to stoner but even though he is very good I doubt he would make it on sub-par machinery, as a matter of fact I cant see another rider on the grid at the moment that could do it,I dont think anyone of them would take the risks that stoner did on on sub-par bikes to win races and I suppose you cant blame them.

BillyBob MarySue

June 12, 2013 2:52 PM

Ah Samas, A lovely fairy tale about a drama Queen..

Here's another version :-)

A conversation between HRH and her personal adviser.

PA Your majesty, sorry to bother you but we have to give an award to an Australian sportsman..
HRH Oh goody!. Mark Webber?
PA Afraid not your Majesty, It has to be for someone no longer participating. Chap called Casey Stoner. He has won 2 world championships.
HRH ONLY two we've had British racers who won more WCs than that who received nothing.
PA That's correct ma'am but he won a WC on a DUCATI.
HRH Ah, the one with the special tyres?.
PA Your majesty is remarkably well-informed. He went on to develop the bike until no-one could ride it, including himself. He decided to quit then, blame Ducati and switched to Honda. Ducati hired an Italian chap called Rossi on it A former NINE times WC and they paid him a fortune.
HRH And tell me how did he do.
PA Well by then ma'am he did get a second and a third, but by then the damage had already been done.
HRH

BillyBob MarySue

June 12, 2013 2:54 PM

HRH So you're telling me the Italian has won 9 World championships and is still competing and the Australian has only won 2 and has quit? Yet you want me to give an award to the Australian?
PA Italy is not part of the Commonweath ma'am.
HRH. I see. And what was this Stacey chap doing the rest of the time?
PA He was fighting a long and valiant battle your Majesty.
HRH. Ah really, that's more like it! Against whom?
PA Ah.. erm ... milk... Ma'am.
HRH MILK?
PA Yes Ma'am
HRH. Please tell me he won....!
PA We don't really know Ma'am as he has 'retired'
HRH Tell me, why has he quit?
PA Marc Mar.... 'To spend more time with his family whilst racing some old cars and fishing' Ma'am.
HRH Are you sure we can't just give the award to the Italian?

samas

June 13, 2013 3:22 AM

After getting her Personal secretary to check out the history of motorcycle racing HRH decides to send for Murray Walker. Conversation between HRH and Murray.
HRH Mr Walker We have been told that you are quite an expert on the history of motorcycle racing. MW Well ma'am I have followed it since I was a child my father used to race. HRH And did he ride a British motorcycle. MW yes he did ma'am before WW2 British bikes were the best. HRH And the best British bike was? MW The most successful bike was Norton ma'am they dropped out of racing in the early 50s but sold racing bikes up to the early 70s. HRH Are they still in business? MW The last I heard only just they were making rotary engines very fast, but the bike was a beast, hard to ride. HRH Like the Ducati. MW Your Majesty is well informed. HRH Does the name Casey Stoner mean anything to you. MW Why yes ma'am he can ride the unrideable. HRH Thank you for your insight Mr Walker. HRH calls PS ge

samas

June 13, 2013 3:30 AM

HRH calls PS and asks her to get the CEO of Norton on the phone and also see if you can get in touch with Casey Stoner, Tell him I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

stoned

June 13, 2013 6:18 AM

herewego, ausrossi & the rest of you stoner bashers:
If any of you had ever raced on two wheels or ridden a
current superbike to its potential, you would be able to appreciate this guys incredible talent, speed & courage

get off the couch, learn how to ride a 200hp machine
and then write some more negative ****e (if you survive)

« 1 2 3  »