MotoGP » Lorenzo: I didn't expect to win

'To be honest I didn't expect to win, I knew I had some chance but not like in Mugello where I was more convinced we could get the victory' - Jorge Lorenzo

DucatiGuru

June 17, 2013 2:02 AM

Fantastic win Jorge. Again showing your are a worthy champion and the undisputed number one rider with Yamaha.
Also allowing the girl who designed your helmet onto the podium was an amazing gesture. I do not know the story behind this, but all three podium finishers treated her with great respect during the presentation.
A great display of sportsmanship by all.

joat

June 17, 2013 3:30 AM

But win you did Jorge!!!! Not only that but you did what no other racer did recently, support the woman on the podium who has a disability (if Im not mistaken its DS). Good on you Jorge.

veronicaisl

June 17, 2013 5:39 AM

Just curious! is lorenzo said all these sentence or crash just translated to english? looks very well said and he used "to be honest" wow spaniard can speak english very well. Nice win jlo. keep it up!

Gaz327

June 17, 2013 9:15 AM

I know it's off subject but is it me or are the slow motion shots on the BBC a bit too long. Most of the action is missed. I have to record the race so I can forward them every time.

Yes Yes Yes Leave Me Alone

June 17, 2013 11:41 AM

@Codger "MotoGP needs a shake up."

Totally agree, there's a pattern emerging, where the race gets hyped up, then sadly disappoints.

I'm not sure what they could do about it though - a sort of KERS boost for the straights? (I'm serious by the way).

For the first time in years I'm more excited about F1, and actually fast forwarding Motogp races - and that's only going to get worse when VR leaves, its only him and MM i care about.

The whole show needs a shake-up, commentators/coverage/format - its just got too 'samey'.

Cammyspop

June 17, 2013 12:27 PM

Yet another reason why I hope BT don't take on the BBC's commentary team. What was that comment after qualifying? "The rest of them should put their bikes away." IIRC.

Just shows how much Charlie and Steve know about racing doesn't it? Guys, one lap in qualifying no matter how exceptional does not necessarily make the race result a foregone conclusion.

Cammyspop

June 17, 2013 12:34 PM

@Codger the shakeup that is needed is to remove all the stupid restrictive rules. For example they need to open up the tyre market again. When nearly every race sees all the fast boys using exactly the same tyres as each other again things can't be right.

Stop trying to make the sport cheaper, no matter what the rules some teams will always spend way more money than the others. And again no matter what the rules the more you spend the more likely you are to win.

Trying to slow factory teams so the the CRT teams can catch up isn't the way forward. If the organizers want more diversity of teams then maybe they should reduce the factories to mere engine suppliers. That would certainly shake things up.

« 1 2 3  »