MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: 'Bautista becomes a little bit crazy'

"Doing the same at the next race, another time with me, is very stupid I think" – Valentino Rossi.

June 17, 2013 12:34 AM

The usual excuses from "The Doctor". After Friday's hype, the result from race day spoke for itself (as did the previous races), not to mention being behind a guy (Cal Crutchlow) in the standings on a non factory bike.

June 17, 2013 12:34 AM

helmiaditya14

June 17, 2013 12:50 AM

In my opinion, people are putting too much expectations for Rossi. We must remember, that this is his first half year back into the saddle of M1, after 2 lost years on the Ducati. He'll need to learn everything from the ground up, since M1 isn't the same bike as 3 years ago. Seeing current state of him, it's obvious that the learning curve isn't not as steep as a Desmosedici.

And as for Crutchlow, some people are putting too much hype on him as well. On 3rd year on M1, it's obvious he's getting a grip on the machine, and it's not quite surprising seeing him mixing with the top guys, as Ben Spies would have done better if he had stayed on Tech 3 instead moving to factory team.

Crutchlow had the talent obviously, but I can still remember him running in the back pack in his first year, just like Bradley Smith doing now.

And Bautista, he was off pace for too long that he seems forgot how to be a front runner. It's a great disappointment, remembering he fought hard with Simoncelli in 250

therealDave

June 17, 2013 1:08 AM

GO ROSSI. Good race from the man. 4th is nothing to jump up and down about but neither is it a result to go and jump off a cliff.

The best part for me was the race pace. Having finished 5+ seconds behind, 2+ of that was taken in the first five laps which confirms for me that IF he can sort out his quali and get on it 100% from go, he still has what it takes (at 8 years the senior).

His achillies is quali because that not only gives a gap straight off the line but also looses him time scrapping.

He is not a title threat this year (too far behind on points and not up to scratch of the front 3 at the moment) but with 12 races left, testing, increased confidence and maybee a seemless gearshift....Rossi will play a part in who does win the title.

staceymoaner

June 17, 2013 1:28 AM

Podster once again calls it an over hyped return and poor showing from Rossi,
why dont you just copy paste your posts, you already went over this 3 times yesterday in every new thread that was made.

you said you are a JLo fan, what would you be saying had Alvro done this to him. for that matter what did you have to say when Alvro took out JLo at Assen???

helmiaditya14

June 17, 2013 1:29 AM

@therealDave

Yamaha won't have any seamless gearbox this year, as they already running short of its engines. Another gravel vacation delivered by Bautista would have make Rossi start from the pit lane sometime later this year. I reckon, that's why he cut loose on his comments regarding Bautista.

I believe Rossi wouldn't get a grip on this new type of qualifying anytime soon, as he seems always a bit holding off - experiences of bad crashes on pushing early are hurting him.

R6Ryder

June 17, 2013 1:32 AM

I couldn't believe it when I saw Bautista going for it like that after Mugello. I expected him to play it a little safer. I guess this is just reason more to push 110% in q2. How many guys on here are thinking Marquez is gonna cause a spill every time he's close to someone in the last laps???!! It's exciting! Has me on the edge of my seat and he stays on! I can't be the only one thinking "holy **** this kid is gonna throw a wrench in the championship by taking out dani or Jorge... And himself!!

JasonLewis

June 17, 2013 1:40 AM

If Buatista had the pace, he could've picked a better time to pass and pull away from Rossi. He was never going to challenge the top 3 anyway, not sure what he's thinking. I like him though and I hope he calms down before he hurts someone or himself

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »