MotoGP » Rossi: No explanation for test spill

'We had a programme this afternoon... unfortunately I crashed at the beginning – I don't understand why because I don't push a lot' - Valentino Rossi

lux

June 19, 2013 2:00 AM

@ USAtoday

No, Qatar wasn't luck because he had Jorge's pace.

Maybe a "lucky set up", but not luck in the sense he was gifted a position because he was going as quick as the best rider at the moment (Jorge)

Ausrossi

June 19, 2013 4:42 AM

Even JB has come out saying that he feels that Rossi may be passed it and indicated that Rossi himself has questioned if he is still at that level. However, despite the trolls I can't help feeling that there is more to this than simply Rossi being old. Maybe I am deluding myself but some of this just doesn't quite add up.

pcxmac

June 19, 2013 5:44 AM

Nah, I am pretty sure it has to do with the traction control on his bike, the softer front tires and the general design of the new bike, its just not his cup of tea, I am pretty sure Vale could still take strong podiums if went back in time to 2010. He just doesnt have the political/team advantage he has enjoyed for most of his career.

4th best given Marquez exceptional tire wear, Cal's speed is not that bad.

I think if the electronics went **** and more tires were available Rossi would have a good shot at his teammate.

I had no idea po of was a bad word.

Motojunky

June 19, 2013 10:44 AM

Just picture this for a moment guys.
Your at the top of your game after winning 9 titles. You are under pressure from your new team mate and because of this, make an uncharacteristic error, causing you to break your leg.
1st time in god knows how many GP's that you cannot race.
Don't really know if he got his head 100% right when he is involved in a collision with his dear friend, who looses his life.
Goes to Ducati and never really has any results to lift his confidence.
Goes back to Yamaha and everybody (me included) forgets the last 3 years and expects results.
Well I think he has lost an edge he had for whatever reason, and have resigned myself to the fact that standing on the top step may be beyond him. However seeing him racing behind the guys at the sharp end is dissapointing as a fan, it is insulting to read posts saying he should hang up the leathers to make way for guys like Carl. He still has a lot to offer the sport after entertaining millions for 20 years or so.
I still

Motojunky

June 19, 2013 10:49 AM

enjoy watching him race and if MM keeps climbing up The Moto GP ladder (like Rossi did) and does not change his attitude, Moto GP can handle Rossi being on a top bike till HE wants to retire.
Go Rossi.

USAtoday

June 19, 2013 11:32 AM

@lux
What makes you think that Lorenzo was on pace for the opening round, reality may be different but either way Rossi for whatever reason has failed to reach Lorenzo pace or even Cals

I want him to win one race only cuz I know the after race show would be entertaining

But doubt it will happen any time soon

TalentFan

June 19, 2013 2:44 PM

Right now, Rossi can't get near Jorge.
Right now Yamaha are at 80% of their engine allocation with 50% of the season gone.

The future? Don't hold your breath for Vale winning any MGP races IMO. Why?...

1st - VR has to find a way to get more out of a Yamaha than Jorge can, and that wasn't easy in 2010 and its certainly no easier now.

2nd - How are ANY of the Yam boys going to get to the front with either a turned-down motor to try and get it to last, or a back-of-grid start penalty for taking a 6th engine, while the HRC's still have 3 unused, fresh motors to run the season out with?

Sorry VR Fans, but the regs make this an all Honda party. I said it months ago, now its starting to happen.

« 1 2 3 4  »