MotoGP » 2014 Honda could make MotoGP debut this season

“If Dani and Marc find something they feel is a big improvement... HRC will do its best to provide [the 2014 RCV] later this season” - Takeo Yokoyama, Honda.

AussieNSW

June 19, 2013 9:51 AM

I cannot understand some of the rubbish posted on here, all I hear is how brilliant honda is (and they are)and how bad all the other teams are, so tell me guys since 2008 how many titles have honda won? yep you got it ONE so if they are so good why is that?its very simple because Yam is a better bike and still is thats why they will win the title this year as well no other bike on the grid can handle as good,I am not anti honda just pointing out the facts.

USAtoday

June 19, 2013 10:23 AM

@AussieNSW
You are 100% correct, actually everyone thought the same about the Ducati, and they only have one WC, Honda as you say the same.

In IMHO a team needs the complete package, what Yamaha lacked they had in their riders

For example with Mick Honda had it for 5 years etc

Since 2007 Honda has to date only one complete package maybe this year it may have it and the future maybe as well but Yamaha has it NOW with Lorenzo once again

therealDave

June 19, 2013 10:40 AM

@Aussie,

Who won last years constructors Championship? How many Constructors Championships have Honda won in the past 7 years?

Again, choosing the wrong statistic for the comparison.

While Honda haven't taken the WC's in the last 7 years (bar 1), they did win 12 of last years races and 3 of this years races which is 15 of the last 24. Not a bad bike on those stats?

Also, since when did you support the WC tally as a stat? For a few years now, along with other posters on this site, "race wins are what counts" has been the message you have all been pushing??? My how the logic changes depending on what you are pushing....(chuckle to self)

Hence, you should get a chuckle from the irony of my use of race wins (as do I).

vlady

June 19, 2013 11:13 AM

Hmm..maybe Honda's bike are a bit better..but JLo is the one who can make the difference..look at Rossi or Spies..they can't match the Repsol duo..n Honda has the seamless gearbox that Yamaha doesn't..

shuggiemac

June 19, 2013 11:17 AM

I am surprised that Dorna have not stopped this sort of thing happening, given their recent history of screwing things down tighter than a sharks backside at fifty fathoms. Given all the lame attempts at cost cutting to bring teams closer together surely the ability to introduce completely new bikes mid way through a season is something prohibitive to many of the smaller outfits. Don't me wrong I am not in favour of restrictions, in fact the exact opposite but I am surprised it can happen.

Yuusuf27

June 19, 2013 12:23 PM

If Somebody said Honda is unfair and Cheat..
HaHahaha.. Don't make me laugh..
Yamaha also has change new chassis, fuel tank and Machine this season, ask lorenzo.
Ducati also have a lab bike.. And development.
The difference is Honda is Formally anounce the new bike and did not silence about it.

V4Poweeeer

June 19, 2013 12:44 PM

Restrictions only work if they are designed to meet an objective. Dorna says their objective is to enhance the spectacle by providing closer racing through cost restrictions. The ussue with this is the engine rule is extremely prohibitive to not only teams but manufacturers without extensive budgets to meet the restrictions in place and when I think of a Yamaha engine I think time bomb even there production bikes arent the best on reliability.
The other option is no restrictions and pure competition where Honda will still thrive anyway.

Point is get rid of the real cost creator electronics and the advantages/disadvantages of each bike will come down to setup more than tech guru.

AussieNSW

June 19, 2013 12:54 PM

@therealDave
Mate I have told you you have to let it go he has retired, did I say honda was a bad bike? no I was just pointing out to guys like you who keep craping on about how many titles this guy won and that guy won, but since 2008 all but one was on Yam,and by the way tell me when I posted that about race wins vers titles? answer never but seeing as you brought it up how brilliant was that guy between 2007 and 2010 23 wins and that was on a DUCATI and that was the worst bike ever and the guy that rode it for 2 yrs after got a couple of gifted podiums but give him his due he got 30 mil for doing it and that is one stat I do get a chuckle out of.

JukkaX

June 19, 2013 1:01 PM

Yea and remember all how honda was behind Yamaha by a country mile on track, not many years ago, and was able to come close only after hijacking two suspension engineers or smth from Yamaha.. Bad honda bad. Not nice from those engineers too.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »