MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: One of my best victories ever

'Today was something special, this is one of the best victories in my career' - Valentino Rossi

samas

June 30, 2013 4:17 PM

Anyway back on subject do you ever watch any road racing, I originally come from NI where road racing was very popular and is one of the few things I really miss.
However thanks to you tube I can see quite a lot plus I have quite a lot of videos great for the off season.
Some of my all time favourites never won a WC it doesn't mean they weren't great, a good example was the first sbk tonight JR binned it trying to build up a lead but still finished second in the next race he's not in with a chance of winning the title but no one can say he doesn't try.

lux

June 30, 2013 4:42 PM

Hailwood's win at the TT after 11 years is a great feat, but it's no proof of him being better than this or that rider.

The TT is a track Mike was very good at and is nothing but A single race, and one where gaps are much bigger and where the competition level is nowhere as high as in motoGP..

Just as an example Tazio Nuvolari stopped racing for 6 years during the war and won his last race at the age of 58 (!) 3 years before dying.
But it's no proof of anything except of him being good and doesn't mean he's better than, say, Michael Schumacher or Alonso...

samas

June 30, 2013 4:47 PM

@Jamesy73 cont.
Big money coming into GP racing destroyed it to some extent brings a lot of tension which in turn makes for bitterness and hatred, at the UGP one could walk around the pits talk to the riders most of them were very amiable and would sign autographs etc.
I didn't live very far from Dundrod and never missed a race I also rode half of it every day for a year on my way to and from work.
I love my racing like I love my music if you were to ask me what my favourite song was I couldn't tell you, same with my favourite racer. How anyone can get so fanatical about ONE racer and idolize him like his $hit didn't stink beats me,I don't hate Rossi but this old man just loves to take the pi$$ out of the more rabid fans.

Jamesy73

June 30, 2013 4:49 PM

I enjoy most forms of motorsport really, I do enjoy the TT and love the race against the clock, It is something different and a bit more extreme. I also love the fact that it is so dangerous and of course some very talented guy's have lost their lives doing it.

I have more respect for what these guy's do and prob more so than circuit racing and of course some of the guy's are crazy and eccentric, Like Guy Martin and some like John McGuiness are just awesome, For me the TT really highlights the pure battle between man and machine.I remember watching Connor Cummings fly off and thinking OMG that is insane just pure stuff that makes you pause your life in disbelief, Incredible!!

samas

June 30, 2013 5:06 PM

The Biscuit.
Bob MacIntyre the greatest racer to come out of Scotland I saw him race many times, in 62 on a 250 Honda 4 beat by a country mile 5 other works Honda's, plus Yamaha's, Suzuki's, and MZs Mike Hailwood was second he also set a record that the 350s couldn't beat it stood until the arrival of the Honda 6.
@Lux.
you tube 1999 UGP Joey Dunlop on a 750 Honda beat Jefferies on a 1000 Yamaha not close racing check it out.

NOTE by CRASH.NET! Interesting, but try to get back on topic, please

katalih

July 01, 2013 1:03 AM

Vale is already a rich man (a highest paid motogp rider), i dont think he races for money and to do so, a peril to racer's life, he loves racing, no less and no more. his victory in Assen was never a fluke, how could he achieved the 9 wcs?. let us just enjoy to watch motogp as they are alot of winning-capable racers in 2013.

Motojunky

July 01, 2013 8:42 AM

@ Crash.

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Attack on another poster removed. This is a MotoGP forum.

Did not consider it an attack on another poster, sorry. Just thought I was making people aware of the fact sama is using this forum to travel down memory lane to much, and in doing so never has a nice word to say about Rossi on the" Rossi forums".
The message you recently sent him confirms this. Thank you.

DB8

July 01, 2013 10:17 AM

@ Wylie Coyote. Fair points and you're entitled to your opinion of Rossi. However, you say "I can't forgive Rossi for what he did to Ducati". Funny. I can't forgive Ducati for what they did to Rossi, and, arguably, Stoner. Stoner would have been so much more competitive (and popular) if he wasn't on that piece of crap in the first place. Thats a scary thought!!

Can you forgive Dovi for what he's doing at Ducati? Rossi will remain the second best rider on a Ducati in the past 7 years. He therefore didn't do anything which warrants your "forgiveness"

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »