MotoGP » Lorenzo: I didn't think this was possible

'This fifth position is better than any victory I have had in my career' - Jorge Lorenzo

AUSSIE66

June 30, 2013 2:27 AM

THIS SHOULD BE THE MAIN STORY, not Rossi wins,Lorenzo you are one of the hardest men on earth, and I am proud that you represent the sport I love as WORLD CHAMPION,this will go down in folk law in this sport,to put championship points in front of personal safety is a very admirable thing to do.

OT82

June 30, 2013 4:32 AM

I like how people speculate on what could have occurred here had Lorenzo not been injured. Let me add to the speculation. I think historically, Lorenzo avoids battles. Had Vale made his way up top, Lorenzo wouldn't stand a chance. Rossi is rarely defeated in a battle. Yes, Lorenzo has perfect lines and yes, he's 2xWChampion, but if Rossi were there to disrupt that, Lorenzo wouldn't be able to handle him in a one-to-one. Excellent rider, but that's Lorenzo's weakness. Rossi on the other hand, seems to thrive in that sort of condition.

perma25

June 30, 2013 5:28 AM

Jorge. . You are my hero all the time, the strongest MotoGP rider on earth. You struggle a lot to defend your title as World Champion.
Hope you have a speedy recovery after 2 week rest..
Im sure you'll get your 5th title this season gio! Vamoss!!

Guna4699

June 30, 2013 8:06 AM

Lorenzo had nothing to lose?

What about another fall and further
damage to his left collarbone?

@jap lance

If he had crashed in Assen due to injury trouble then same people who called his decision to race a brave one would have said that the decision to ride was itself a stupid decision,,

Their is only an inch separating the bravo and stupidity,, what JL did was bravo and what Bautista did was stupid. So JL really had nothing to lose...

hoppy

June 30, 2013 1:09 PM

Well what can i say.Always been a big fan of Jorge and he totally amazed me yesterday.
I thought he was a nutcase for going out there and racing but i completely underestimated his resolve.People have claimed in the past that he has no backbone.Well,that claim has now been blown out of the water so high its come down with snow on it!
Fantastic effort from the defending champion.Damage limitation par excellence!
WELL DONE KID!