MotoGP » Pedrosa unable to capitalise on Lorenzo injury

'I found that I could not control the bike on entry to some corners and that made me lose touch, especially in the closing laps' - Dani Pedrosa

fastfisheye

June 30, 2013 7:49 AM

Makes me wonder how anyone can question the courage of these guys. Pedrosa in the past has shown on numerous occasions that he has what it takes to win races and championships under adverse conditions. Someone even had the gall to play on his name calling him "Pedloser"... he's leading the championship for gawd's sake.

If you look at the lap analysis uou can see Pedrosa struggles after 10 laps or less when the tyres start to go off and his times drop off not specifiically when he is passed by someone.

Sean26

June 30, 2013 8:41 AM

I'm not sure what the reason is for Dani's tyres. Being so bad every race. Part off thinks he is not use to this extra ballast. Not sure how much was put on his bike bit I reckon it was a fair bit. It has always been a weakness of his riding with worn tyres but he also never use to wear tyres that bad so I think that shows how much he is pushing on a bike he has struggled with grip on since Qatar. The race he has felt more comfortable on the bike was actually Le Mans. Really hopes he can use the next tracks to the advantage of him and his tyres stay in tact because he definately has what it takes to be a world champ.

mone

June 30, 2013 9:43 AM

call Pedrosa as a loser or call him as overly cautious rider but I am sure anyone who call him like that doesn't mean that they enable to ride like what Pedrosa does in MotoGP :D

I think Dani knows well his weakness, he doesn't need to be public attention. He just need fulfill his goal, not the expectation of everyone.

hoppy

June 30, 2013 1:03 PM

I was disappointed for Dani yesterday.He really needed to capitalise on Jorge being not properly fit but he didnt.
Ending the weekend only 9 points ahead of Jorge in the Championship is a kick in the teeth for him.

StatDude

June 30, 2013 4:03 PM

As much as what I have come to admire Pedrosa, I seriously doubt whether he will ever lift the Championship trophy. I sincerely hope that I am wrong though!!
I feel that this year is about his best and last chance to do so, it will just get more difficult from here on with MM getting stronger and faster race after race. But Dani just doesn't seem to be hungry enough, or maybe just too cautious...

Hopefully I will be proved wrong.

Racing-DNA

July 01, 2013 1:25 AM

ok so considering the strong pace of the top 5 guys in front, if Jorge finishes 5th again (still rehabilitating) in Sachsenring n if Dani can win on his favourite circuit, that would still increase the point gap by 23 points.

Same goes with the Laguna Seca. So before going into Summer Break Dani can have atleast 25 points advantage over Jorge!

Darkwaknight

July 01, 2013 9:25 AM

Still think that the change AGAIN in tyres and how the Honda needs to be ridden is Dani's biggest issue. It is not so much his Weight than his size, everyone thinks that Marc is the lean merchant but actually it is Dani who leans the bike further, MM can hang off and use leverage to pull the bike around, dani cannot so he has to pick the bike up with the throttle and he turns the bike alot with the throttle (look at an onboard shot, Barcelona is a great example of it) even at Assen he was drifting the rear alot. His tyres don't last has he is not able to compensate for the lack of grip that others can, When we get to tracks like Germany,Laguna,Indy, Bruno that suit the Honda and Dani's style I am sure dani will return to winning ways, the only problem is his copycat teammate, He should allow MM through mid race and follow him/pressure him to lead as I dont think he can Lead a race?!!?

Garcia

July 01, 2013 9:30 AM

It was a brilliant start by Dani, he flew 5th to 1st into the first corner! I actually wasn't expecting him to do too well in Assen, he clearly never had the pace in the practices, he was having one of those weekends. I think finishing 4th wasn't too bad. He'll definitely come back stronger at the Honda tracks.

3m

July 01, 2013 11:09 AM

Well its a setup problem and his crew need to figure this out,he only have good pace for 5-10 first laps after that he lose to much pace,and yes he is cautious but he has to be if he had marc crashes this year he would have some serius injury and out of championship,so honda need to figure this out and fast.

« 1 2 3 4  »