MotoGP » Crutchlow: A great battle until the end

'It was a great battle right to the end and once again I showed my speed and I was close to finishing second and that would have matched my best result in MotoGP' - Cal Crutchlow

R6Ryder

June 30, 2013 3:12 PM

Well, I had to chime in in the dovi crutch debate. Dovi had cal's number last year.. Period! How many times did cal beat him?? Dovi won that battle . Cal couldnt ever get past him even when he had similar pace. As I've said. Cal is fast as hell but he doesn't overtake as well as other top riders and it is mandatory if u ever wanna be WC. Example : Dani P. fast as hell, great rider when he has clear track but he isn't a great Battle guy. Stuff him a few times and he is thrown off. And he doesn't win titles. Guys like CS, JL and VR don't have problems in a battle. And they win titles.

R6Ryder

June 30, 2013 3:36 PM

Every rider starts with a full fuel tank. I know its harder to ride with 50lbs of fuel . But I think he needs to figure it out. I guarantee u if he was on the "factory" bike he would have the same issue. Even despite the fuel tank being positioned slightly diff. It still has to carry. 50lb of fuel. I think riders too often become obsessed in thinking "if I only had a factory bike" I think the pressure and testing that comes with a factory bike negates the benefit. Riding for tech 3 he can focus on setup and going fast. He doesn't have to test and he doesn't have the pressure to perform in the way factory riders have

Destro

June 30, 2013 8:03 PM

i like that he was fighting till the end even though he lost out on a 2nd. It was his for the taking but I dont think he expected Marquez to check up on him like that. Seems like they both committed errors there, but only MM benefited.

lean two

June 30, 2013 9:52 PM

the way I see this playing out is Yamaha quititly sponsors a new private team useing a leased bike for esparagargo, and keep Cal right where he is at... his only problem is his mouth... he has spouted off a lot of neggy bs about Yamaha, and has been retracting ever since, note all the good things he's been saying lately... but like Honda... Yamaha never forgets, and if they try to keep him, his I told you so attitude will say to Yamaha they were wrong to pic Pol over him, and Yamaha, like anyone, dont want to be told they where wrong! so he may just be fkd jsut b/s of that... lol

Nick636

July 01, 2013 7:17 AM

BRILLIANT RACE FROM CAL!

I agree that he HAS to improve his starts and early laps with the full tank, but he is again proving the haters wrong.

I must also mention the swallowing of my words before race weekend. Vale showed he still has it, and I even found myself happy for him!!!! (WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?!?!) If Cal keeps this up, he WILL win a race or two some time. GO CAL!

JACKBEE

July 01, 2013 7:39 AM

I presume that you don't need a full circuit to do practice starts.

So, would it break the testing ban if Tech3 tried lots of straight line, full tank starts in the factory carpark?

Might be an answer

Don-R

July 01, 2013 8:27 AM

The team found some solutions for the full fuel load issue during the recent Barcelona test, but just didn't have enough dry track time at Assen to verify the settings. Sachsenring should give them that time, weather permitting.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »