MotoGP » Crutchlow: I don’t have anything on the table

"Of course we're talking to as many teams as possible but at the moment I know nothing” – Cal Crutchlow.

Nick636

July 12, 2013 6:43 AM

@ Gunna4699

Remove head from sphincter before commenting!

Did you watch Qatara? Cal was faultless, faster than ANYONE on the circuit, only to be BLOWN AWAY on the straight by ALL including the factory Yam. Don't tell me there's no difference... After then, he has had an impeccable season with only one DNF and 3 podiums, beating Pedrosa OUTRIGHT last time out.

GET REAL!

bonnethill

July 12, 2013 7:51 AM

Timing is everything in motorsport whether it be F1 or Motogp. Being in the right place at the right time and Making sure you have management know the game and position to take advantage of what comes up. Crutchlow is in the wring place at the wrong time . His management are to blame. He won't get a yamaha factory ride. Jarvis said that Rossi and Lorenzo will have have these seats as long as they want them. He should have signed a better deal at Tech 3 but didn't thinking the factory ride would come up. I think he has limited options. In behind this you have Espargot and redding coming up to Motogp next year. I think these 2 are viewed as potential factory riders. If he doesn't watch he could end up as another Colin Edwards. I also think he needs to keep his mouth shut. Very few other riders go on about contracts etc, they leave that to their managers. If I was him I would be looking at staying at Tech 3 there are much worse options than this and very few better at the moment.

DrWho

July 12, 2013 8:23 AM

Dovizioso came to Yamaha after having a factory Repsol Honda and didn't bring in the results. Dovi went to Tech3 and wanted a factory Yamaha, because he wanted a factory bike so bad he went to Ducati. I really don't understand Cal is fighting for podiums on a satellite bike Bradl and Bautista have factory spec bikes but aren't in the same league as Cal is in. So why wanting a factory bike that much. A move to Ducati is rather ignorant and the comments about Stoner tamed the beast is comparing apples to oranges with the Ducati now. You must be a hell of a rider if you want to polish sh!t into a diamond.

Don-R

July 12, 2013 8:39 AM

@DrWho

"So why wanting a factory bike that much?"

I think Dovi said it best in an interview yesterday:

“In a satellite team important results can be achieved, but you can't look at the championship. You can only get up to a certain point. It depends on what your goals are, but if you want a shot at the title you have to be with a factory team.”

Biz

July 12, 2013 10:00 AM

Cal has the potential to be World Champion and I'm sure he knows he needs a fully competitive machine to do this. I do worry about the Ducati (should he decide to go there) as although a lovely machine, not sure that it has "the edge". I would like to see Cal stay with Yamaha on one of the "new machines" so he has the best chance ever. I'm so excited for him. Hes a real class act!!!!!.

Fullofit

July 12, 2013 10:09 AM

Cal is telling a few fibs here.

I know for a fact that he has offers "on the table". He may not have signed anything or perhaps got the offer he is waiting for ... but he definitely has offers.

« 1 2 3 4  »