MotoGP » Dovizioso asks Ducati fans to be patient

“To all the Ducati fans, I say be patient. We're working as hard as we can to improve our competitiveness” - Andrea Dovizioso.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

DrWho

July 15, 2013 10:31 AM

“We couldn't expect anything else today. We're working a lot, but again, the bike is similar to the one we started the year with, so it couldn't be otherwise. I'm not looking for excuses it's just the reality at this moment."

In other words nothing has changed....I say sayonara Ducati.

V4Poweeeer

July 15, 2013 10:57 AM

Dovi, Dovi, Dovi unfortunately we are fans of racing and slow or no progress means that we eventually lose interest. As fans we are not a patient bunch we are just wondering when some progress other than setup change will occur.

titfortat

July 15, 2013 11:31 AM

I find Italian bikes to be so overrated, people love them because they look nice, however they are so over priced, often have a poor finish and are nowhere compared to the Japanese counterpart that's a fraction of the price. Look at Motorcycle USA track times for example, the Italian bikes are always like 2 seconds a lap slower.

stiltskin

July 15, 2013 12:14 PM

I've owned a Ducati or two. Liked'em a lot.
How can I keep making excuses for this company.
I mean really, is it just me?
Or does it seem like they've been sittin' on their hands for three or four years.
We keep hopin'...

Cubikrube

July 15, 2013 12:46 PM

I thought we'd gone back into a time warp for a mo there and then i saw it was Dovi saying pretty much the same thing as Vale was for 2 years.

Now either Ducati aren't listening to their riders......or Ducati aren't listening to their riders.....i thought Audi ownership might change that but hey-ho, maybe Ducati aren't listening to Audi either

Codger

July 15, 2013 1:00 PM

I am being patient Dovi, I am, honest.

Any day now Honda & Yamaha (and Esparago's team) are going to bring out upgrades (upgrades not updates like Ducati) and it'll probably nullify anything that Ducati DO bring to the table. As always, too little, too late.

Dovi, keep being top Ducati finisher and maybe something good will happen. You deserve it. Nicky too of course.