MotoGP » Title leader Marquez faces Laguna Seca debut

“From what I understand there are many blind points where you cannot see the racing line” - Marc Marquez.

whammy

July 17, 2013 4:16 PM

Advice for Marc - ask Nicky and Colin for some tips. Then follow Dani and Jorge to get your braking points and pace down. By FP4 you will have all the speed you need.

Oops forgot to tell you to use some of CS old settings and data. He was fast at Laguna.

TalentFan

July 17, 2013 4:17 PM

The data will be uploaded from Honda's data archives from Dani's bike as a base set-up, so Marc won't have too much hard work on set-up, so he can just concentrate on learning the track.

Being a rookie on a Repsol Honda with all that resource means you don't have to bust your hump much as the works has already been done pretty much.

All the stars are lining up to give young Mr Marquez a good clean run at the WC.

Unless he slings it at the scenery, I can't see him finishing off the podium at LS.

Guna4699

July 17, 2013 4:54 PM

Get tow from Rossi and that will be a great lesson to negotiate the cockscrew...

cock screw is already a nightmare corner for riders... Now imagine, how about a wet race in Laguna this weekend,,?

Slippery cockscrew is a devils corner...

TedG

July 17, 2013 5:13 PM

I have been over that corkscrew on a race bike and it is by far the hairist thing you can imagine the first time. You are hauling ass up the the hill and then the world drops off in the form of an off camber left hander. You feel like you are going to rocket straight off the track and it happens to a lot of people.
But these guys are so good that after a few laps they just fly through there. It is fun to watch the race from down below. I was right there when CS and VR were at war.

whammy

July 17, 2013 5:27 PM

Let me make myself clear on my former post

MM has followed JL lap after lap
MM has followed DP lap after lap after lap
But when MM had a chance to follow Rossi he went past him as quickly as he could.

Maybe he was too slow - maybe his braking pattern was wrong - or maybe his lines were to hard to follow.
I don't know but he did choose not to follow Rossi

Realist

July 17, 2013 5:36 PM

@ whammy

I understand your clarifying point, but you're choosing last race as the basis for your statement. Why not read MM's earlier statements/articles about learning a lot from Rossi after Qatar (..and I believe there was another race as well). He didn't blow past Rossi then.

whammy

July 17, 2013 5:49 PM

PR is PR and will be used to appease the masses.
In this age of spin I do not put much weight on statements made by anyone. Do you think that all the riders can't see the mistakes that Cal makes with the microphone? Wiser riders will choose to make a different impression.

EDIT when I say anyone I am talking about every single rider on the grid

1 2 3 4  »