MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: 'You broke my balls over Stoner pass!'

“You and Stoner broke my balls for two or three years about that overtake!” - Valentino Rossi.

Claes

July 22, 2013 3:37 PM

Hi
#shakenstirr Rossi might not have been off the track as much, but Rossi was behind CS before and ahead after, which means he took advantage of the cut corner and he cut on the track and blocked CS, MM on the other hand was ahead before and after, and Rossi forced him out
Cheers Claes

Claes

July 22, 2013 3:43 PM

Hi
#Cyan14 So you are saying that the Yamaha is a crap bike, they both have different character and Yamaha is that it is smooth through corners. It's a brilliant bike and if it was reversed MM would still win over Rossi ffs he lost to Bradl:)
Cheers Claes

DrWho

July 22, 2013 4:22 PM

In all the respect of Marquez his win, I just have one question! Who is thinking Rossi is done?
In my opinion Rossi is the underdog this season, starting to get familiar with the M1, maybe get some words in development during the season so he gets a bike which will suite his style more.
Rossi wants to win again and be a threat to the championship, this year is all about recover and see what his form is can he do it.... Half way this season he got back to back podiums with a win also. The M1 is behind of development no seamless gear ( not yet will be tested by VR and JLo at Brno ) and is slightly behind the Honda's. I have just that feeling next year would be slightly better.

Cyan14

July 22, 2013 4:56 PM

@Claes
Absolutely not the point im trying to make. Of course Yamaha is not crap. It's just that Honda currently has the edge. It's faster than the Yam in more tracks. With regards to Vale and MM, there's no way that MM is faster given they were on the same bike or if it was reversed. Definitely, Rossi still possesses the best race craft.

Codger

July 22, 2013 5:18 PM

@ Claes....your 08 description is a little flawed. Rossi was AHEAD going in and ahead coming out. He was ahead going in simply because he overcooked it :)

in 2013...the young hotshot was ahead going in, and I'd bet your house that he was ahead because he overcooked it. (he says that he thought he was on the right line but found himself on the gravel. Don't you just love him?)

TedG

July 22, 2013 5:59 PM

In life there are times when we have good luck. And yesterday and 2008 were two of those times. I was yet again standing at the corkscrew for that pass as I was in 2008.The joy I got from that was indescribable!
I am a die hard Rossi fan and always will be, but I love racing and I knew good and well that Rossi would be smiling and joking about this. I got home late (370 mile ride home) so I didn't have time to scrutinize the recording. But who cares if MM planned that pass? it was awesome and downright entertaining. The big difference between 2008 and this is Rossi kept his head and didn't bail off. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him to win, but alas we don't always get what we wish for.

Ozric

July 22, 2013 6:09 PM

@burromiapanino
You are so right about vale he is such a wily old fox he is leading mm into a false scence of security and if he gets the bike how he wants it for the second half of the season
(AND LET'S NOT FORGET HE IS STILL RIDING A JL DEVELOPED YAM NOT A VR DEVELOPED YAM) rossi has not been there for 2 yrs. don't get me wrong i like mm but he is not the finished article yet AND ROSSI IS STILL THE MASTER. no one out there has race craft like rossi. NO ONE. he just needs Yamaha to work a little more with him. THEN THE GLOVES WILL BE OFF.

P.S. maybe this is just me dreaming or wishful thinking HOPE NOT but a competitive rossi can only be good for the series

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »