MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: 'You broke my balls over Stoner pass!'

“You and Stoner broke my balls for two or three years about that overtake!” - Valentino Rossi.

shanefireblade

July 22, 2013 6:04 AM

Or @ Shane...is this simply because being faster absolves you of all your wrong doings?

I'm not sure where you are going with this, if this is the case then Stoner would be a saint. You need to stop contradicting yourself.

cheers for the laughs.

BurroMiapanino

July 22, 2013 6:07 AM

Dave, do you remember who said this...
"I'm quite unhappy with Elias today because I think he was quite dangerous - more than once he passed me on the inside and then altered his line. This is not a correct way to race."
Your Stoner references have zero relevance to our conversation other than how or why it is not clever nor safe for a slower rider to make such moves at those stages of a race or weekend in general.

Poddy

July 22, 2013 6:11 AM

MM should be smacked in the head for that move, total disrespect for the great one.

I wonder if Rossi would be different if he was in the Championship hunt and the two main riders were fit and competitive , just asking

therealDave

July 22, 2013 6:14 AM

@ Butter,

It wasnt the same guy who said he's been doing this for a long time and knows how to make clean moves and that wasn't clean.....moan moan grumble grumble...and proceeds to pull the move on bautista?

BurroMiapanino

July 22, 2013 6:34 AM

Valentino Rossi, Portugal(?) 2006.
He and Tony fighting (hard) for the win, not just trying to hold off a clearly faster rider for the inevitable.
There are times when a tough fight can be justified and times when it is just unsportsmanlike.
I think it is important to consider the circumstance in which actions and words take place. Race Direction use the same guidelines to make decisions, unless you're Paul Butler who has the benefit of hindsight to admit he made a mistake by not penalising VR at LS'08.

Jamesy73

July 22, 2013 7:19 AM

You can't have it both ways Livio suppo! Either two wrongs don't make a right or Rossi was right in the first place to make the move on Stoner? Livio is full hypocrisy.
I actually thought both moves were legitimate, Given the situations at the time. If anything maybe Marcs was a little too bold given the fact that it was early in the race and that his bike was quicker than Valentinos and would of passed anyway.

I wonder what Casey thought about it? That move Rossi done on him in 2008 broke him mentally and at that point I knew Rossi would win that Championship!!

Jamesy73

July 22, 2013 7:25 AM

@ Skippy where did you see Rossi moaning about THAT move? He was making reference to the fact that suppo said he should of been disqualified in 08 for the same move he had done on him by Marquez. If anything Rossi was appreciative in his acknowledgment of the move...Like I said either two wrongs don't make a right or Rossi was right in the first place....I will go with the latter and Kudos to marc for having the balls to go toe to toe or paint to paint and make audacious moves on Rossi and Lorenzo!!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »