MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: 'You broke my balls over Stoner pass!'

“You and Stoner broke my balls for two or three years about that overtake!” - Valentino Rossi.

gammagamma

July 22, 2013 9:04 AM

Personally, I think they should remove all of the asphalt on the inside of that turn. It's plain stupid to me that there is any kind of discussion about passes that are made outside of the track. Rider leaves racing surface, apply rules. I get tired of trying to interpret the rule book while I am watching the race, MotoGP is becoming more like F1 every day.

A 1

July 22, 2013 9:08 AM

@Dacron, glad to see you again sir!

Good to see that some on here did see the fact that Vale ran Maquez out by letting the brakes off. I'm just glad that there were no casualties. That includes Vale too as crash and burn prison rules racing ISN'T my cup of tea.
Did you see the "intent" of the STIFF right jab that Vale landed on Marquez in Parc Ferme? That gave Vale's true hand away.

Codger

July 22, 2013 9:19 AM

@ Dacron....welcome back.

@ the rest.......Haters see Rossi running Marc off the track. Lovers see Rossi and Marc enjoying the scrap.
I see 2 blokes going for it, the young one doesn't give a stuff and older guy making sure that if you want to pass you have to fight for it.

My own view is that they were both on the limit (or over it:) ) and Rossi actually compromised himself to leave Marc some room. Not that he needed it as it turned out.

vlady

July 22, 2013 9:42 AM

yes...they've paved the corkscrew...it used to be a dusty place...now it's a pavement...but still great move and they have fun...that's the most important thing...and I'm glad finally we have a true alien (aside of VR) who doesn't afraid of fighting and very fast...

hoppy

July 22, 2013 9:51 AM

Well,i have said it before and i will say it again.
I dont like that type of manoeuver.
I didnt like it in 08 and i didnt like it yesterday but thats life.
The gravel is NOT part of the race track.
I can see this move becoming a regular thing at Laguna and i feel the race authorities should nip it in the bud before it does.
I dare say many will disagree though.

A 1

July 22, 2013 9:56 AM

@Codger, I'm not a hater. Whether Vale run Marquez out(which he did) or Marquez run Vale out, the act of "F you Charlie" was displayed. It wasn't that Vale closed the door, it was the intent of "you're NOT getting past me" by intentionally running Marquez wide.
What if Marquez ended up with a Mick Doohan 1992 style crash in the corkscrew just after rejoining the track? That wouldn't have been funny then. I suppose if Vale just smiled after the incident that it would then have been ok, yes?

kane

July 22, 2013 10:09 AM

lol, watch the replay, rossi didnt push him wide. they were side by side, Rossi couldnt tip it in coz MM was right next to him. that's why he ran over the ripple strip, MM was too far over and had no choice but to take a short cut, neither rider wanted to give up their position, maybe they should have indicators and horns on their bikes hey?

it just annoys you haters that Rossi is doing well this season and you hate that, so you have to scrutinise everything he does, Rossi didnt moan about the pass, MM didnt moan about the pass, they laughed, shook hands and enjoyed the podium together for the 3 times in a row.

everyone is going to have a different opinion,
this is racing at the highest level, not kindergarden.

MikkyG

July 22, 2013 10:18 AM

@AussieNSW, mate for a start I didn't say you should be ashamed, I said it's a shame for you that he retired. (Big difference.) so settle down. And yes, Rossi said that, and then after not doing as well on the Duc, he ongratulated Stoner for riding it so well. You need to calm down a bit, you're a little on edge mate.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »