MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: 'You broke my balls over Stoner pass!'

“You and Stoner broke my balls for two or three years about that overtake!” - Valentino Rossi.

DB8

July 22, 2013 10:18 AM

This pass puts the whole 2008 argument to bed. Anyone trying to argue differently is just biased. Rossi beat stoner with a great aggressive pass. Marquez beat Rossi with a great aggressive pass.

This is racing!

kane

July 22, 2013 10:29 AM

dont worry A 1
we will carry on enjoying this circus as you call it, Rossi is 34 and far from finished racing. he's already proved that he still has the ability to go fast.

just think, how boring will crash be when he retires for the haters. ?? i guess that will just turn on MM if for somereason he starts to faulter or gets beaten by another new noob stepping up to motogp..
he's not fading yet, 3 podiums in a row, i woudnt call that fading.
oh but had pedro and jlo been there he would of been 5th!!!! pedro was there in qatar.. pedro was there in Assen. Just leaves JLo to get fit and we'll see what Rossi has to go against JLo..
i guess you and your posse of cheerleaders are all holding fishing rods.

kane

July 22, 2013 10:33 AM

exactly, Rossi was on the inside. how are you spose to change direction when a guy is right next to you going into a corner. Did you forget Bautista v Rossi at Mugello??? look what happend there. Im not taking anything away from MM. was a great pass. Now your saying Rossi ran off track. he ran across the ripple strip. watch the bloody race. how many riders ran over that on their own. how many times have did we see stoner cut corners and slide right across the ripple. ?

whats your point? next you will be saying "oh did you see Rossi, his leg came out and he kicked MM off track"

Codger

July 22, 2013 10:34 AM

A1......no it wouldn't.
I agree with 'Hoppy' that this move is not right.

I joined the debate because it doesn't matter what Rossi does he is castigated. Casey lost out on the corkscrew, Rossi's fault. Rossi loses out on the corkscrew, Rossi's fault. Alvaro takes out Rossi, Rossi's fault. Rossi trades paint with Jorge (a while ago now :) ), Rossi's fault.
If Rossi had complained about Marc's move, he would have been jumped on. Because he made light of it...He is not being genuine. Do I need to go on?

I thought it was a good race....even though Nicky beat my man Dovi. Good for you Nicky..that showed them.

DB8

July 22, 2013 10:36 AM

@burro. Both riders went in aggressive. Rossi too. Marquez came out on top though, but was great to watch.I have to agree with kane on this one. What is your point?

AussieNSW

July 22, 2013 10:48 AM

@kane
I think mate you are missing the point I dont care who it is I have followed GP for 52 yrs and I have seen some terrible accdients a lot of them fatal like Simmo RIP, now I am not saying you thaught that that was really good but there is some on here that would think that because they are sick,but I will just say this what do you think the result would have been yesterday when MM left the track at the speed he was doing if that new piece of concrete was not there and it was still gravel like it used to be I dont know about you but I dont want to think about it,its like a few races ago when Bustia took out rossi everyone was saying the stewards should do something about it and I agree the same with yesterday if they are not going to apply the rules then just let them go and do what ever they like,the problem is the next tme it might not end up funny.

Cubikrube

July 22, 2013 10:53 AM

There is a picture on MotorcycleNews you should check out if it hasn't already been highlighted.

Marquez knew exactly where he could go if a situation came up at the corkscrew...there is a shot of him taking that exact line he did during the race on his scooter earlier in the weekend.

Was a fairly processional race other than this move, i enjoyed it and let's be honest..it is nice seeing the apprentice at work....first he does Jorge like Rossi did Gibernau and now he out-Rossi's Rossi :)

Oh and really well done to Bradl :)

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »