MotoGP » Dovizioso admits fault for incident with Hayden

"He obviously races pretty aggressive so I've just got to be prepared for that in future" - Nicky Hayden.

Codger

July 22, 2013 12:59 PM

@ Jackbee

"....... he as convinced himself (and everyone else around) that he is better than Hayden."

I think that the fact that he keeps beating him in the races has something to do with it.

It was a coming together of 2 team mates trying really hard to beat each other. Nothing more than that and this time Nicky came out on top.

Maybe now that Ducati have sacked him he has a point to prove. Let's hope that he achieves that, nobody should be binned after only 8 races of an 18 race series....AND just before his home race!!!!

Shafted Stoner, shafted Rossi, by not respecting them and now the same for Nicky.
Bunch of 'merchant bankers' if you ask me. ( Cockney Rhyming Slang ) Pity, I like Ducati's, and want them to do well.

Stevegp

July 22, 2013 2:35 PM

Hey i love both riders but don't make Dovi the villain they are both going for it Ducati dropped Hayden its not either of there faults, Nicky has stood by Ducati and is still as good if not better than any other rider they have hired fix the bike not the rider

ducati1098

July 22, 2013 2:54 PM

As much as I like Ducati and Nicky Hayden, I think this is blessing in disguise for Nicky. It basically means that he will go ride a more competitive bike next year wherever he may be. As soon as he becomes a podium contender again, he will forget all about the last 3 years with Ducati. After all, winning or podium contending is more fun than getting paid much more but relegating to 6-10 each race weekend.

Smoker

July 22, 2013 5:10 PM

@Codger 'Shafted Stoner, shafted Rossi,...'

I wasn't keen on their handling of Bayliss (on the MotoGP team) or Melandri either. Ducati doesn't use kid gloves with their pilots, that's for sure!

PDizzle

July 22, 2013 6:45 PM

Saw Hayden after the race coming out of his garage. Told him he should go to WSBK and get back to winning races and championships again. He looked at me and said there are lots of options on the table and told me "there's a good chance I'll be wearing the shirt you're wearing next year". The shirt I was wearing you may ask...... Let's just say there's no better place to go to if he wanted to piss Ducati off by winning and helping sell more of this brand. I'm sure you can guess.

« 1 2 3  »